Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

from Lamer7913:

"And it’s my opinion, if all else is equal, a hometown guy will be the better choice, especially if he’s one that can introduce “drastic change†and a “good disciplined foundationâ€, while at the same time having established relationships within the community and relating well to the kids."

Once again, Lamar and I  are in 100% agreement.

Excellent point.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from Lamer7913:

"And it’s my opinion, if all else is equal, a hometown guy will be the better choice, especially if he’s one that can introduce “drastic change†and a “good disciplined foundationâ€, while at the same time having established relationships within the community and relating well to the kids."

Once again, Lamar and I  are in 100% agreement.

Excellent point.

"if all else is equal"---you may be assuming that all else was equal--we or at least I am not bearing the burden of behind closed doors with information that is not public----give the man a chance

Most ignorant statement i've seen in a long time.  The Minority is the Majority in Liberty and i'm pretty POSITIVE that had no effect on the decision making.  That's always been the norm in Liberty and the surrounding areas to hire a hometown boy.  IMO, that's exactly what Liberty doesn't need is another hometown boy, black, brown, yellow or white.  What Liberty needs is a drastic change starting from the young kids up.  Liberty's got a good crop coming up and they need a good disciplined foundation.  What they don't want is HOMETOWN boy getting the athletes that are in trouble all the time out of jail and not doing anything to them. JMO

Get real.  Unless YOU are (a) a member of the LISD school board or (B) the LISD superintendent, YOU cannot be “POSITIVE†of the affects on the AD decision.  And until that school board socio-economic mix matches that of the school population (which it does NOT with 6 WASP males and 1 B female), no one can be absolutely certain that this decision was made with the best interest of all the students and community in mind.   ;D

And it's my opinion, if all else is equal, a hometown guy will be the better choice, especially if he's one that can introduce “drastic change†and a “good disciplined foundationâ€, while at the same time having established relationships within the community and relating well to the kids.

Let me understand this:

The Board members are stupid, cowards, and racists yet at the same time all are successful in life and respected enough to get elected to one of the more difficult jobs there can be with no pay at all---what an ignorant post!

Diamond J whoever said you had to be bright to be elected to a local school board? What I find amusing is that often times a major ego trip and you have to be connected. Don't get on here and tell me that politics does not play a major  role in decisions related to  athletics.

Most ignorant statement i've seen in a long time.  The Minority is the Majority in Liberty and i'm pretty POSITIVE that had no effect on the decision making.  That's always been the norm in Liberty and the surrounding areas to hire a hometown boy.  IMO, that's exactly what Liberty doesn't need is another hometown boy, black, brown, yellow or white.  What Liberty needs is a drastic change starting from the young kids up.  Liberty's got a good crop coming up and they need a good disciplined foundation.  What they don't want is HOMETOWN boy getting the athletes that are in trouble all the time out of jail and not doing anything to them. JMO

Get real.  Unless YOU are (a) a member of the LISD school board or (B) the LISD superintendent, YOU cannot be “POSITIVE†of the affects on the AD decision.  And until that school board socio-economic mix matches that of the school population (which it does NOT with 6 WASP males and 1 B female), no one can be absolutely certain that this decision was made with the best interest of all the students and community in mind.   ;D

And it's my opinion, if all else is equal, a hometown guy will be the better choice, especially if he's one that can introduce “drastic change†and a “good disciplined foundationâ€, while at the same time having established relationships within the community and relating well to the kids.

Let me understand this:

The Board members are stupid, cowards, and racists yet at the same time all are successful in life and respected enough to get elected to one of the more difficult jobs there can be with no pay at all---what an ignorant post!

Diamond J whoever said you had to be bright to be elected to a local school board? What I find amusing is that often times a major ego trip and you have to be connected. Don't get on here and tell me that politics does not play a major  role in decisions related to  athletics.

Politics are everywhere and they play a major role in just about everything.  But what gets me is that the DD supporters on here are going to ruin it for DD if and when the second opportunity rolls around for the head AD.  So when you so called supporters of DD are on here rantn'and ravn'bout it being a racial thing or political thing just remember DD may or may not feel the same way AND i would like to think that DD wouldn't get on this forum and express his opinion either way.  Support is great but too much support can hurt a person sometimes.

Let me understand this:

never said that---but they do have do be respected in their community to get voted in----and I know most of these in Liberty on a personal level and they are successful, respected AND bright

I feel the need to make is clear where I stand before I get started.  (1) I WAS NOT for the termination of Coach Stewart; (2) I do NOT know either Donald Douglass or Chad Taylor; (3) I am NOT privy to the discussion that the School Board had regarding this hiring; (4) My last High School Child will graduate this year so I will not be affected by this decision at all; and (4) I will and would support all Liberty High School Athletics regardless who was hired.  Should I be mad that the person that I thought was the best candidate – which I heard off – WAS NOT HIRED? (He was not By the Way)

From what I know (Limited) of Donald Douglass I wonder if he would support some of the things that have been implied on this site.  First I think DD would be proud to have some of the people on this site and the support that they have provided him – but I also feel that if he is the man that I have heard that he would be against some of the postings as well. 

I think it is fine to support your candidate for any position – including AD – and do everything you can do to get that person the job.  However, if he/she does not win the position then back off and look for the next candidate to support.  To call people “racist†or “Stupid†just because your candidate was not given the position is in this case UNSPORTSMANLIKE! (And wrong).  I know all the School Board members and KNOW that race never – so much for a second – played a factor in who was hired.  And I do not feel that just because any applicant once played or went to school in Liberty should have been a determining factor either.  Hire the best applicant for the job - period!

I agree with a previous posted that if this site is indicative of the Liberty School District then getting good solid candidates for any position will be hard in the future.

Go Panthers.

From 7mary3:

"Most ignorant statement i've seen in a long time.  The Minority is the Majority in Liberty and i'm pretty POSITIVE that had no effect on the decision making.  Thats always been the norm in Liberty and the surrounding areas to hire a hometown boy.  IMO, thats exactly what Liberty doesn't need is another hometown boy, black, brown, yellow or white.  What Liberty needs is a drastic change starting from the young kids up.  Liberty's got a good crop coming up and they need a good disciplined foundation.  What they don't want is HOMETOWN boy getting the athletes that are in trouble all the time out of jail and not doing anything to them. JMO"

I would like to know just exactly what 7mary3 is implying with this post.  I would sincerely hope that he is not implying that a hometown boy, DD or any other, would give all athletes a free pass if their behavior is less than the law allows.

7mary3, I think that was the most ignorant statement anybody has ever seen and you are a moron.

If everybody on this board only knew the buzz that was created in the halls among the athletes that DD was up for this job, then he would have been hired in an instant.  That is why I called the board chicken poop. (I got in trouble for saying the real thing earlier.  My apologizes).

Nothing implied absolutely whatsoever, I just know what the norm has been.  Over the last SEVERAL years even when I was playing the bad apples went to Liberty because Liberty would put up with their extracurricular activities and attitudes when no other schools wouldn't.  The LOCAL guy, is that clearer for you, seems to me at this point in time would not be the right choice.  JMO.  Everythings a race issue these days, people wear their feelings on their shoulders WAY too much, anything having to do with race when its not is ignorant to me.

Today i got to meet the new AD/Head Coach and he seemed like a really nice guy. He is probably what the program needs in that he is a fresh face and can start it all over. Panthaplaya i love it that was great.

yeah he is a real great guy...and the assistants he brought with him are cool too.. I see Liberty back in the District Title hunt this season ;D ;D ;D

He also stated that give him 2 years and he would not have any problems taking on Dayton.  Be careful what you ask for!!!

maybe he is talking about a spelling contest

In this type of contest would Dayton have enough to field a team?      ;D

Wes.....a know a certain cornerback that already has a couple nicknames from Coach Deel..

Spellin Contest??

us Liberdy folk woulds domiinattes...

On a serious note..Coach Deel brought two coaches..Coach Fontenot(defense) and and offensive cordinator that I really cant recall the name of..lol sorry guys ive only known them for a week...

Coach Deel and the team can play Dayton in 2 years...as long as the class of 09 doesnt have to..im good ;D

Wes – No I have not had the pleasure to introduce myself to the new coach – Hope to meet him in the near future.

And Pantherplayer or myself would never make the Liberty Spelling Team – Thank God.  ::)

(Thank the Good Lord for Spell Check)  ;)

Wes – No I have not had the pleasure to introduce myself to the new coach – Hope to meet him in the near future.

And Pantherplayer or myself would never make the Liberty Spelling Team – Thank God.  ::)

(Thank the Good Lord for Spell Check)  ;)

ha  :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476