What is wrong with Lumberton??

Guest ballplayer

Guest DickVitale

Oh that is a simple one....NO ATHLETES, NO PROGRAM...They are pretty stout in baseball though!! ;)..And didnt do half bad in football either.. ;D..They ran off a pretty decent coach in basketball a few years back, so they will stay in the cellar in basketball.

Guest DickVitale

Matt Ward, he was from Houston. I actually played against him in high school...Good guy, and did a decent job there,  which was good at that time because they had some real turds on his team back then and the parents backed the kids!! It was a mess... :o

Guest DickVitale

I said he did a DECENT JOB...I know that there are NO athletes at Lumberton, so it would be difficult even for Coach K from Duke to win there, but Ward did not let those kids act as idiots (are you from there? Probably) Don't know about the money thing, but he did tell me how the racist people there turned on him when they realized he was not like them, or you. Relax, and ease up on the name calling. What are you some internet gangster or something..Calm down.

DickV like i said he was horrible. He had two starters back from a playoff team and 4 others that played on that team. He also had 5 guys that went on to play at the college level the year ward was there so shut up. Those are athletes and the reason he couldnt win . So he had the athletes so u tell me why he didnt win?? Becasue you dont have a answer the only answer is he was not a good coach. So just hush you seem to think you know everything and you don't know crap. Becasue he had a go to guy in Mitchell and those other three guys were very good athletes....

dont u realize this is a matter of opinion? you have no reason to call anyone an idiot bcause of their opinion he couldnt have been any worse than their current coach

OK Here’s what’s really “wrong†w/Lumberton:

1. Nothing-we returned 2 players from last year's team.

2. Nothing-we got a late start because of football(which we do not regret one bit)

3. Nothing-we played our first 5 games with 7 kids(only one with any varsity experience)

4. Nothing-we had a total of 6 practices with all our players before our first district game.

5. Nothing-we have only 3 seniors on the team, one did not play last year.

6. Nothing-we are not as tall or as talented or as athletic as anyone we play.

7. Nothing-we know that just about everything is stacked in the other teams favor.

8. Nothing-we know these are all just excuses and we are going to work to overcome all of that

9. Nothing-we know we are going to play our butts off the whole game despite the odds.

10.Nothing-the tides WILL turn.

Now, as far as people who want to come on here and type a bunch of crap that they know nothing about…heck I guess it is your right to do that… Just make sure you don’t get your panties all in a wad when someone returns the favor.

As far as coaching goes, I’m not going to claim to be the best coach around, or come on here and claim to know everything, but I will claim this: I’m going to work my tail off to be the best I can be and get things done the right way. Will I ever get to the point where I’m good enough?? No… IMO there is no such thing as good enough.

BTW-thanks for the little bit of motivation!!

Aaron Wueller

2. Nothing-we got a late start because of football(which we do not regret one bit)

3. Nothing-we played our first 5 games with 7 kids(only one with any varsity experience)

4. Nothing-we had a total of 6 practices with all our players before our first district game.

7. Nothing-we know that just about everything is stacked in the other teams favor.

8. Nothing-we know these are all just excuses and we are going to work to overcome all of that

9. Nothing-we know we are going to play our butts off the whole game despite the odds.

Now, as far as people who want to come on here and type a bunch of crap that they know nothing about…heck I guess it is your right to do that… Just make sure you don’t get your panties all in a wad when someone returns the favor.

As far as coaching goes, I’m not going to claim to be the best coach around, or come on here and claim to know everything, but I will claim this: I’m going to work my tail off to be the best I can be and get things done the right way. Will I ever get to the point where I’m good enough?? No… IMO there is no such thing as good enough.

Aaron Wueller

Thanks for the post Coach!!! I have been editing posts all day.

Aaron Wueller

Way to go Coach! Thanks for standing up for our boys!! I am glad they have you as their coach. I agree that they never give up no matter what. Keep up the hard work...we're behind you 100%.

Guest DickVitale

There goes that internet again shouting at people and telling them to shut up!! ::)...Look man, like I said, it is VERY difficult to win in basketball at a place like Lumberton. NO ATHLETES. 0. .Port Arthur was forced to consolidate due to a desegregation order Vidor did OK in the past with pretty much the same type of players but the difference was definitely my guy Brian English.  Wueller, good luck to you, cause you have one heck of a hill to climb. 

Guest ballplayer

Well your saying your buddy ward the so call great coach that you seem to think had no athletes when he was there. Let's he had 2 returning starters back from a playoff team which was the Mitchell kid and Boogie and 4 other players that played with that playoff team. He had Chad Roberts, Josh Mitchell, Matt Cobb, Keith Talbert, Nathan Furlow who all went to go play college  at the next level at other sports, now those are athletes, talbert, Cobb, and Roberts quit becasue ward did not have a clue about the game and did not like those kids. Any other coach would love to have those athletes on there basketball team but Ward could not get it done so thats why he was 1 and done becasue he couldn't hack it.

Guest DickVitale

Dude we beat Lumberton that year 122-53, and the second time was similar.  NO ATHLETES.  Ward was a good guy, and if you feel his coaching ability is to be desired, well, that is your opinion.  I remember that Mitchell kid was a huge turd! He was trying to hurt Perk as long as he was in the game. NO ATHLETES IN LUMBERTON. EVER. NO BASKETBALL PLAYERS.  Heck you dont have to have a team FULL of great athletes to win, but you need SOME!

Guest DickVitale

Oh those are some schools there! ACC, Big 12, SEC.....Come on, and two of those guys listed are football guys! Mitchell DID NOT play at A&M Corpus, also, by the way....You have this vendetta against Ward, did you get cut from the team or something? I don't know WHAT he is doing right now, I havent seen or heard from him in years, but so what? AND Lumberton has NEVER given us ANYTHING...Are u kidding me?

Guest ballplayer

Your saying lumberton doesn't have athletes I know they played football but there athletes that played at the next level. Mitchell played baseball  a&m corpus.......Ok and your telling me any of the southeast texas basketball players  played for those conferences. But you can't say Lumberton does not have any athletes thats a dumb statement when they have had players play at the college level ........if its basketball, football, baseball, track if you go to that next level then your a good athlete. Ward was just a horrible coach thats plain and simple, if he was a good coach then he would be coaching right now.

Guest DickVitale

Read it again...I said B-A-S-K-E-T-B-A-L-L players also.  You dont have to be a skilled athlete to play football, especially in high school.  You MUST be somewhat skilled to play basketball though...FACT

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex