What is wrong with Lumberton??

Guest ballplayer

There goes that internet again shouting at people and telling them to shut up!! ::)...Look man, like I said, it is VERY difficult to win in basketball at a place like Lumberton. NO ATHLETES. 0. ..Port Arthur was forced to consolidate due to a desegregation order .Vidor did OK in the past with pretty much the same type of players but the difference was definitely my guy Brian English.  Wueller, good luck to you, cause you have one heck of a hill to climb. 

You speak of racism, yet you hint of the same yourself.... there is such a thing as REVERSE racism and you are thinly disguising the fact that you believe Lumberton has no athletes .  Find another thread.... you are embarrassing yourself.

Guest DickVitale

My statement meant that if Lumberton does not change their ways , they will miss out on black AND white athletes.  The Vidor athletes that I was referring to were not very athletic, but they were a disciplined group that played hard and together and the request of their coach, therefore they made the playoffs a few years.  THAT is what I meant, and I meant what I said.

Oh those are some schools there! ACC, Big 12, SEC.....Come on, and two of those guys listed are football guys! Mitchell DID NOT play at A&M Corpus, also, by the way....You have this vendetta against Ward, did you get cut from the team or something? I don't know WHAT he is doing right now, I havent seen or heard from him in years, but so what? AND Lumberton has NEVER given us ANYTHING...Are u kidding me?

If you are talking about Mitchell not playing basketball at A&M Corpus Christi then you are right but on the other hand he did play baseball for them.  As for him being a turd when you step on the basketball court you play the way the refs let you play.  If your team cant handle a little push and shove then why are they playing basketball.  It's all apart of the game.

Dude we beat Lumberton that year 122-53, and the second time was similar.  NO ATHLETES.  Ward was a good guy, and if you feel his coaching ability is to be desired, well, that is your opinion.  I remember that Mitchell kid was a huge turd! He was trying to hurt Perk as long as he was in the game. NO ATHLETES IN LUMBERTON. EVER. NO BASKETBALL PLAYERS.  Heck you dont have to have a team FULL of great athletes to win, but you need SOME!

These are some of the more ignorant remarks I have seen on this site. Lumberton has no athletes? Get real!! To say they have no athletes because their basketball team is not good is about as stupid as me saying Ozen has no athletes because their baseball team sucks. C'mon Dick, clarify your remarks.

Yes, Lumberton's basketball talent on a year to year basis is not up to par as a lot of teams in Southeast Texas, but to say they have no athletes is just plain ridiculous. They have had several athletes that have gone on to the next level in their respective sports, some that have actually made it to the pro level. I would believe you would have to be a pretty good athlete to get that far.

The fact is, Lumberton has athletes, but most of them don't play basketball. It's really all about what one's definition of an athlete is. Example, Silsbee is more athletic than Hardin-Jefferson, but HJ has the better basketball players, therefore they are more successful in that sport than the Tigers. Ozen is more athletic than Lumberton, but Lumberton has better baseball players, therefore they are more successful in that sport than Ozen has been.

It's all semantics.

Dick, your generalization in your posts just makes you look plain stupid. But hey, maybe that's the case. We do know you are the classic " coattail rider".

Guest DickVitale

There are NO blacks or hispanics living in Lumberton, let alone going to the schools there...There may be a FEW hispanics, but there are NO blacks in Lumberton ISD last I knew of.  Port Arthur ISD was FORCED to consolidate because Lincoln HS was nearly 100% black...FORCED...That happened in 2001.  Those are facts, not playing the race card, but just stating facts. 

There are NO blacks or hispanics living in Lumberton, let alone going to the schools there...There may be a FEW hispanics, but there are NO blacks in Lumberton ISD last I knew of.  Port Arthur ISD was FORCED to consolidate because Lincoln HS was nearly 100% black...FORCED...That happened in 2001.  Those are facts, not playing the race card, but just stating facts. 

There are no whites at Kirby either--that does not make them racist---many times my son has been the only white kid on the track or the court--yet I felt no ill will toward him or my family. In fact last summer at the TSU relays we were practically the only white people there and were treated just like anyone else----that attitude is in the past and that is where it belongs---let the hate die---AND THAT IS ALL THAT I WILL SAY ON THIS SUBJECT

Guest DickVitale

Come on Coop, if you remove my response, then you should remove Aggie's remarks as well.  Fair is fair.  I was speaking of basketball athleticism and that guy took it way out of context, AND he threw in a few personal insults in the process. Lets be fair, Coop.

Guest DickVitale

OK...Why was my response removed then? ???....No big deal, I am just curious as to why, because I was only speaking the truth and defending my basketball intelligence! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder