*Silsbee 73 HJ 68 Final/Comments*

Guest tigersvoice

i thought hj would take this easy silsbee must have it back together

A very good ball game.  H-J, as the expression goes, COULD NOT BUY a basket in the second quarter.  End of one:  H-J 24 / Sil 13.  End of two:  H-J 28 / Sil 32.  Hawks had only 4 points in the second quarter and two of those were free throws.  End of three:  H-J 45 / Sil 53.  Final:  H-J 68 / Sil 73.  I had Ang Green with 34 points and a ton of rebounds.  Katelyn Bernsen had 23 for the Hawks along with double digit steals and 7 or 8 assists.  Latricia Moore had 18 for the Hawks before fouling out with about two and a half minutes to play.  Silsbee won on their home court.

Same game played at Hardin-Jefferson - the Hawks would have won.  tigersvoice

Guest abovetherim

Final..Angie Green 32 points

Angie Green is a future Lamar Cardinals basketball player. I read a article over the summer about her on Texas Hoops. Looks like Coach Tidwell landed another star. Congratulations to Silsbee on the W.

First I want to say what a player Ang Green is. She did a terrific job hitting 3's from NBA range and Chelsey Tyler also hit some big shots. As poorly as I beleive HJ played they made a run that was Highlight material if they could have pulled it out. I hope our defense shows up for the next game we play, not that it was horrible but, it was well below what our girls usually play. Now well see how we react to a loss that we can't say they were 4a or 5a. Hopfully it a good loss that modivates us to the next level.

First of all, Congrats Lady Tigers coaching staff and players! You made us Silsbee faithful really proud. As has been mentioned, Ang was awesome but so were Chelsey Tyler and Brittney Henry. You guys each stepped it up and were leaders for an awesome TEAM! When you were down by so much at the end of the first quarter but fought back with such a strong second quarter and then held off HJ's rally at the end, it brought back memories of last year's District championship season. Secondly, HJ is still an awesome team too. I know they will bounce back. Honestly I hated to see either team lose. I definitely got my money's worth. This district is tough! Go Lady Tigers!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder