What's wrong with Vidor

Guest Ricthepic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Williamson13

Hey which seniors that aren't playing do you think would help?(besides Roman) I'll make it easy on you...there are none. That class just wasn't very good to be honest

::)Lance Robertson is a class act. The team is trying to find a leader and learning to work together.  They had one of their best halfs in Dayton today but slipped in the second half.  The team needs to work harder and learn to play together for an entire game not just a quarter or one half.  They need a leader to step up and taken the leadership on this team.  I believe, Riggs, Sims or Williamson can do this but somebody has to soon.  Lance is a fine coach and a class act as a person.  The basketball team has nothing to do with the football  team so lets look at the bb team.  They don't play with pads and helments,although at times when playing some of the teams lately and the officials looking the other way they might need to. Give them a break. What is this bash Vidor night, don't we have enough of that already.  Coach English didn't do all that by himself, he had a Coach by his side by the name of Robertson and it is his time to make his mark and he will.

From what I have seen.....ALL the players are rotated equally or when needed. Varsity does not have 1 kid that is just on the bench.  They do need a leader and need to find their "zone" with each other.  The Coach is not the problem. Why do people always think it is the Coach?  Coaches teach and come up with plays but ultimately are not the ones on the court running up and down the court shooting the ball or actually playing the game.  It is the kids. 

Also, I really like the way our fans come out and support our teams no matter what the situation.  We show our support and know that soon they will find their zone and be extremely competitive with other schools. And if not, then we had a great time cheering them on.

No matter what the kids play with heart.

Guest whatdoIknow

I agree with you Ric our Pirates are going to rise to the top again one day soon.  It starts tonight with us beatin up on those Jags.  I have not been around for a while, but I watch them every summer afternoon shooting in the gym....once our shooters catch on fire it will be like the old days.  Watch out Ozen!

Guest beat-em_deep

First Franklin leaves baseball-one of the best players that I have seen--now he leaves basketball---what is the story?

Vidor makes you choose one sport and if you dont choose one sport they are not going to start you they are not loyal to the players who want to play more than one sport that is what ia wrong with Vidor.

And Roman is the best ATHLETE Vidor has but they are not loyal!

I agree with you Ric our Pirates are going to rise to the top again one day soon.  It starts tonight with us beatin up on those Jags.  I have not been around for a while, but I watch them every summer afternoon shooting in the gym....once our shooters catch on fire it will be like the old days.  Watch out Ozen!

::) ::) stoppppp!!!  ::) ::)

Kind of hard to say what seniors could help them, since most of them quit after their freshman & sophomore years.

83_Alumni, you might want to blame the previous coach then, since Robertson was only an assistant when those guys were quiting.  This is his second year, give him time to make his mark.  They have lost 2 tough games in district so far, on the road, where they had the lead in the 4th quarter.  And both of those losses were to playoff teams from a year ago. 

Guest Williamson13

Roman Quit...Said he just wasn't into it this year. Part of that i believe is because of injuries from football season. And anyone that played for coach english or coach Robertson knows that they never promoted one player more than another.They encouraged everyone the same. Those kids that quit just got out worked and didn't have what it takes. And it sounds to me like a few of those players are a little bitter about it. Look a coach would never put someone on the court..or on the varsity team that doesn't deserve to be there. Whether he's a williamson or not..frreshman junior sophmore it doesn't matter. The freshman that some of you believe doesn't need to be on the varsity team this year happens to be one of the best in the program, freshman or not..thats the truth. So if you were a true fan you wouldn't get on here and announce publicly...he's doesn't need to be on the team..you would say he's doing fine..cuz he is.. and that he needs to believe in himself more because the team needs him to win...cuz they do period  I have no idea why anyone would get on this board and talk about needing some of those kids that the "coaches" ran off... We don't need a single one of them..The team is getting better as we speak..I just hope their not too late. Keep working hard Vidor it'll pay off.

Guest beat-em_deep

Once again just name one besides Roman, and we might agree. ??? ???

Lets name a few VJ Bunner, Bret Harris I think Daniel Teal and i know there are some more.

Guest beat-em_deep

Not true corner.  In fact it is just the opposite all of Vidor's head coaches encourage players to play more than 1 sport.  I play basketball because Coach Mathews Asked me to. 

Coach Matthews wants everyone to play every sport but can you say that about the other head coaches of baseball and basketball ???

vj went straight baseball, and got a scholarship becuase of it, bret harris still plays 2 sports, football and soccer where in each he was a starter for 3 years. Teal never played basketball once in high school. I beat if u ask thoughs kids why they chose not to play it would be for there own reasons, not the coaches.

Coach Robertson has had both Williamson go and play football, and still they played and started basketball, from day one. It looks like it does not bother him.

Guest beat-em_deep

vj went straight baseball, and got a scholarship becuase of it, bret harris still plays 2 sports, football and soccer where in each he was a starter for 3 years. Teal never played basketball once in high school. I beat if u ask thoughs kids why they chose not to play it would be for there own reasons, not the coaches.

Coach Robertson has had both Williamson go and play football, and still they played and started basketball, from day one. It looks like it does not bother him.

i know of kids that would play both football and basketball but they know that it will hurt them when it comes to basketball.

i doubt it since coach allowed the williamsons to play, without punishment. I also think Gooch played last year. So maybe these kids you speak of just are not that good. In basketball, sometimes shoots are needed to be made.

I think they need to keep going in side, not just penatrate and kick. #12 does do it well though. But #23 should have been feed the ball more late in the game. They need other to penatrate and kick it like #12, he cant do it all.

Guest beat-em_deep

True true...being a three sport athlete is difficult because of the different shape you have to be in for each sport. Just ask the Dayton boys coming back from football into basketball.

yes i agree football and basketball shape completely 2 different things ;D

Guest beat-em_deep

i doubt it since coach allowed the williamsons to play, without punishment. I also think Gooch played last year. So maybe these kids you speak of just are not that good. In basketball, sometimes shoots are needed to be made.

I think they need to keep going in side, not just penatrate and kick. #12 does do it well though. But #23 should have been feed the ball more late in the game. They need other to penatrate and kick it like #12, he cant do it all.

Did Jared williamson play football this year  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder