2024 Newton Eagles football.

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

No offers. I don't put too much into that stuff. Specially when a young kid is getting an offer based on how good he's projected to be in the future 

He did not get an offer, just on the player to watch list. Thats still a good thing, however, you are overrating him. 

20 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

He did not get an offer, just on the player to watch list. Thats still a good thing, however, you are overrating him. 

If your speaking of Luke, I agree. Good player who hasn't been proven on the varsity level yet 

19 hours ago, Setx fan said:

No offers. I don't put too much into that stuff. Specially when a young kid is getting an offer based on how good he's projected to be in the future 

Being proven at the Varsity level means absolutely nothing if you don’t have College offers. It just means you are just another good highschool ball player. There are millions of them.

Unfortunately we will have only one running back( no.3, who made all district as freshman) with D1  talent next year. I look forward to watching Woodville with 3.    
Hopefully Newton can make the playoffs next year. It would be good to finish in the top four like we did last year.

4 hours ago, longball24 said:

Being proven at the Varsity level means absolutely nothing if you don’t have College offers. It just means you are just another good highschool ball player. There are millions of them.

Well I'm sure the main goal of most good players is to get an offer but I'm just saying I personally don't assume a player is worthless because he doesn't have offers and don't assume a player who has offers is head and shoulders above everyone else. And you also have to take in consideration just because a guy doesn't have offers "yet" doesn't mean he's not gonna get any. 

You are the only one saying the word worthless. Your returning running back is all district but by your standards that does not mean anything but it does to me. I have not downgraded any of your players just pointing out a 9th grader who has had several scholarship offers including U Houston and Tex Tech.  

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

My opinion is based upon seeing them play many times. 

I doubt that's truly what your opinion is based on. I saw both teams play each other and I don't know how anyone could form that opinion based on varsity performance. 

7 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I doubt that's truly what your opinion is based on. I saw both teams play each other and I don't know how anyone could form that opinion based on varsity performance. 

What else could it be based upon? You saw them play each other in a single game. I have seen them play several games each. It is not a knock on the WV RBs to say that the Newton kid is better. The Newton RB is going to quite special and is on a different level. 

Everyone in East Texas understands this.