2024 Newton Eagles football.

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Where is he making waves? Hard to believe he is that great of athlete at a smaller 3A and not playing varsity… I can promise you if Bellville had a freshman with any actual D1 capability he would be playing varsity…

Trust me he's D1 talent. I seen it his 7th grade year but he was just raw. He's worked with some trainers to refine his skills since then and is developing fast 

54 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Trust me he's D1 talent. I seen it his 7th grade year but he was just raw. He's worked with some trainers to refine his skills since then and is developing fast 

Let’s not make excuses. The kid should have started last year. He didn’t just become a D1 prospect in the last 6 months.

10 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Let’s not make excuses. The kid should have started last year. He didn’t just become a D1 prospect in the last 6 months.

Thats my point… in what world is a D1 prospect not starting somewhere in a 3A D1 team … doesn’t have to play QB

25 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Thats my point… in what world is a D1 prospect not starting somewhere in a 3A D1 team … doesn’t have to play QB

BBfan you already know the answer to that question. Please post so I don’t have to.

54 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Same world where the same program had a starting QB who won the offensive MVP over another district QB who was supposed to be a all-world freshman. 

4 hours ago, longball24 said:

Overly Zealous yes, I do have great enthusiasm for our team. Merit on the other hand is based on past accomplishments hence 2 rounds deep in the playoffs. Remember it is just bragging until you can back it up.

Not really sure what you're trying to convey, I can just tell you that not a single player or coach was content. No matter the improvement, winners want to win.

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Not really sure what you're trying to convey, I can just tell you that not a single player or coach was content. No matter the improvement, winners want to win.

Maybe they left him on JV to get some reps instead of sitting on the bench on Varsity.

19 hours ago, longball24 said:

Overly Zealous yes, I do have great enthusiasm for our team. Merit on the other hand is based on past accomplishments hence 2 rounds deep in the playoffs. Remember it is just bragging until you can back it up.

Looks like Diboll won your district last two years. You were outspoken last year untill you lost the first two games and you disappeared from this site. I agree woodville has a good program but you have not earned the title world beaters yet. 

59 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Looks like Diboll won your district last two years. You were outspoken last year untill you lost the first two games and you disappeared from this site. I agree woodville has a good program but you have not earned the title world beaters yet. 

I agree with you 100% Newton will win district. With the exception that we will have the best QB to ever come through Woodville, it will be the same old song and dance as before.

8 hours ago, longball24 said:

I agree with you 100% Newton will win district. With the exception that we will have the best QB to ever come through Woodville, it will be the same old song and dance as before.

You think Tolar is the best QB ever at Woodville?

I find that one hard to believe.

8 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

He is #1 on A&M list because it is alphabetical order. 

Looks like he paid to go to some camp and he made a list

WOW.........

This is the hidden content, please

This is correct.

Those are listed in alphabetical order.

He is not ranked that high.

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

He is #1 on A&M list because it is alphabetical order. 

Looks like he paid to go to some camp and he made a list

WOW.........

Man I've been bamboozled 😂. The kid is really a good player aside from all the top ranking and stuff though. I don't know much about all that. 

7 hours ago, longball24 said:

Did not notice it was in alphabetical order, but in any case they do not list everyone that goes to camp. Only the ones that they have interest in.

The kid has some projectability being 6'2 170 as a freshman so I can see why he is on a watch list.

Look like Woodville coaching staff did the right thing leaving him on JV to get some reps.

I am sure your "Nephew" will have a good high school career 

1 hour ago, pine curtain said:

The kid has some projectability being 6'2 170 as a freshman so I can see why he is on a watch list.

Look like Woodville coaching staff did the right thing leaving him on JV to get some reps.

I am sure your "Nephew" will have a good high school career 

Not related but I would claim him in a heartbeat if he were. He is what every kid should be.

Check out Newton’s starting starting running back as a freshman 2023. Several offers including Texas Tech and UH. He played on a team who won the nat. Championship, I think this game was played in Calif. August 8, 2021.  
UTN Kendray Porter jr. 

4 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Check out Newton’s starting starting running back as a freshman 2023. Several offers including Texas Tech and UH. He played on a team who won the nat. Championship, I think this game was played in Calif. August 8, 2021.  
UTN Kendray Porter jr. 

google  UTN kendray porter             this is when he was in the 7 th grade

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

UTN Kendray Porter jr. 

He's solid. Woodville probably has 2 returning backs just as good though. 

On 3/5/2024 at 6:02 AM, longball24 said:

You definitely have a great QB coming through Woodville, but the question is......

Do you have the coaching staff that knows how to use him, develop him and put an offense in place to take advantage of his skills??

That is yet to be seen.