2024 Newton Eagles football.

• 3 weeks later...

hopefully Newton gets back to lights out defense. We have won state the years we have been a complete team. Good defense, good offense, and a QB that can throw the ball .   Lights out defense gives the offense more opportunities to score. Defense should be better this year. QB is a question for me this year.  We have a lot of good players coming up.   
anyone know if they have replaced the coach or coaches we lost.

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

hopefully Newton gets back to lights out defense. We have won state the years we have been a complete team. Good defense, good offense, and a QB that can throw the ball .   Lights out defense gives the offense more opportunities to score. Defense should be better this year. QB is a question for me this year.  We have a lot of good players coming up.   
anyone know if they have replaced the coach or coaches we lost.

Agreed, a”lights out defense” definitely gives the offense more opportunities to score. I have even seen scenarios where a “lights out offense” helps the defenses. 

Have also noticed that many State Champions frequently have a “good defense, good offense and a QB that can throw the ball”.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

Uhhh they only won by 1 or 2 points last yr. Guess we shall see! Don't put the cart before the Eagle!!!

Lost by 5 points last year and beat them by 1 the year before and lost by 20 3 years ago.

Woodville is 24-41 against Newton and has only beaten them once since 1994.

With Woodville getting a new QB if I had to bet on the game today Would pick Newton

On 4/19/2024 at 6:26 PM, pine curtain said:

Lost by 5 points last year and beat them by 1 the year before and lost by 20 3 years ago.

Woodville is 24-41 against Newton and has only beaten them once since 1994.

With Woodville getting a new QB if I had to bet on the game today Would pick Newton

Newton— speed, speed, speed, speed, speed. 5 Underclassman who can literally fly. 

On 3/7/2024 at 5:41 PM, Setx fan said:

Zaylon Williams and Dustin Barlow 

I found the stats    
Williams  23/24  657 yds rushing   Receiving 6/25 yds.    
22/23.  38 yds rushing  1/1 receiving 

Dustin stats. Has not played much varsity but is a big young good power running back.

7 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I found the stats    
Williams  23/24  657 yds rushing   Receiving 6/25 yds.    
22/23.  38 yds rushing  1/1 receiving 

Dustin stats. Has not played much varsity but is a big young good power running back.

I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure Zayon had more than 25 yards receiving in just the first game alone. 38 yards rushing is obviously not accurate either. Dustin got a few carries here and there and was also utilized as a HB/TE type the last couple district games and in the playoffs 

13 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure Zayon had more than 25 yards receiving in just the first game alone. 38 yards rushing is obviously not accurate either. Dustin got a few carries here and there and was also utilized as a HB/TE type the last couple district games and in the playoffs 

Then find his stats and post them. The site i got them from could be wrong. Woodville site. With a QB already rated no. 1 by A&M and two elite running backs, Woodville will  have no problem with newton.  
Newton - nothing to see here.  😀

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Then find his stats and post them. The site i got them from could be wrong. Woodville site. With a QB already rated no. 1 by A&M and two elite running backs, Woodville will  have no problem with newton.  
Newton - nothing to see here.  😀

Don't kidd yourself. It'll always be tough trying to defeat the super speedy Purple Gang 

I do think Woodville has a very good program and will I will be pulling for them when they are not playing Newton because they are in our district.   
I think they are  about two more steps to go to be a good playoff contended.   
example, last year they lost in the second round to Columbus who lost to Lorena who then lost to Franklin.

On 4/24/2024 at 4:41 PM, Setx fan said:

The 38 yds was yr. before last. Only sowed a few carries.