ATTENTION 21-3a! ur picks for all district

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bulldog

very appropriate, but how many years can you be a "newcomer"?  I think Bailey played quite a bit of football last year as a freshman.    :)

Wow i didn't know that....... :-\

Classification has nothing to do with being the MVP it is who does the most for his team and stands out the most in the district. Johnson is good and will get better but for all he did this season he DID NOT lead his team to the playoffs. Garrett is an awesome runnig back and played some defense and is probably WO-S's MVP but in my opinion the district MVP goes to Rhodes!! the guy never leaves the field he plays Offense he plays Defense and is on most if not all the special teams. And he excelled in all facets of the game.

As it was said in an earler post this is not a all playoff team. I can see where people would want to add playoffs here. Yes, classification does have something to do with the MVP. Playing QB is the hardest position to play. Ask any coach, in any league, they'll tell you. Now lets see here, who does the most for his team and who stands out the most in the district. We have here a Soph. coming in and having to learn a new offense, play on Friday nights, and just like any QB get blamed for the loss and be the hero for the win. This player put up the best numbers in the district. Oh and he even played on defense as well. When it comes to MVP, everything has to do with it.

As it was said in an earler post this is not a all playoff team. I can see where people would want to add playoffs here. Yes, classification does have something to do with the MVP. Playing QB is the hardest position to play. Ask any coach, in any league, they'll tell you. Now lets see here, who does the most for his team and who stands out the most in the district. We have here a Soph. coming in and having to learn a new offense, play on Friday nights, and just like any QB get blamed for the loss and be the hero for the win. This player put up the best numbers in the district. Oh and he even played on defense as well. When it comes to MVP, everything has to do with it.

i couldnt agree more. this is very well put. rhodes and garrett are both great running backs, but like you said, johnson plays the hardest position on the field. johnson had an amazing season. he deserves district mvp and i think he'll get it. i think the silsbee team has a lot of first teamers. i was slightly biased towards the offensive line of silsbee but i stand by what i say and i think at least four out of six should get first team.

Guest Bulldog

i couldnt agree more. this is very well put. rhodes and garrett are both great running backs, but like you said, johnson plays the hardest position on the field. johnson had an amazing season. he deserves district mvp and i think he'll get it. i think the silsbee team has a lot of first teamers. i was slightly biased towards the offensive line of silsbee but i stand by what i say and i think at least four out of six should get first team.

Silsbee will have it's fair share......I just think Rhodes has a small advantage over Johnson..IMO

district mvp- pierce rhodes rb/ k-ville

offensive mvp- depauldrick garrett rb/ wo-s

defensive mvp- donovan harris fs/ silsbee

newcomer- jeremy johnson qb/ silsbee

1st qb- octavious hypolite/ wo-s

1st rb- chris castle/ silsbee

1st rb- broderick jackson/ k-ville

1st wr- donovan harris/ silsbee

1st wr- randy musgrove/ k-ville

1st wr- rhodes/ wo-s

1st ol- daniel paulus/ silsbee

1st ol- emery manning/ silsbee

1st ol- blake moss/ silsbee

1st ol- garrett verdine/ silsbee

1st ol- jose leal/ silsbee

well so much for biased lol

i think silsbee had a really good team with some tough breaks this season

they will have some 1st teamers, however, i dont think they will have that many

i think the qb johnson is a definate shoe in fot the district mvp though. he's a great athlete and put up the best numbers in the district.

rhodes and garrett will definately give him a good run for his money.

i dont really know a wholel lot about the o-lines in the district other than silsbee and they seem pretty good but like i said i dont know anything about the other ones. i know h-f has a really good center. jasper had some good ones too and so did wo-s. regardless, the all-district team could beat any other 3a all district team in the state! lol

Silsbee will have it's fair share......I just think Rhodes has a small advantage over Johnson..IMO

well thats possible because rhodes lead his team to the playoffs, but like it was said by stiger85, johnson was a sophmore and rhodes was a senior and johson had a better season on paper so i guess we'll just have to see whenever wo-s and k-ville are done

no not biased but as i watched them play throught season the tigers had a great o-line and didnt allow hardly any sacks. maybe 5 at the most

that is the most idiotic thing ive ever SEEN posted. Every thing is good, but why are all the linemen from silsbee. Please explain this to me, im really confused on how five first team linmen are from silsbee. I would really like to no how this "All District" thing works. i must have been thinking all wrong, i didnt no that fourth place teams got that many picks in the District, but im not arguing. i just would liked to have that explained more to me!!!!!! please

Guest Bulldog

well thats possible because rhodes lead his team to the playoffs, but like it was said by stiger85, johnson was a sophmore and rhodes was a senior and johson had a better season on paper so i guess we'll just have to see whenever wo-s and k-ville are done

Being a Senior will also come into play on this decision....it's true.

LOL picks were done the week after the season was over. just not being releases until all teams are out of the playoffs, so the playoffs will not be in the equation. And I believe it will be Rhodes he stould out in the district more than any other player. but we will have to wait a few more weeks to find out.

I will agree Rhodes is an all around player, Johonson from silsbee really steped up this year. Rhodes get the title though he contributed more to his team. but we will just have to see

Guest Bulldog

I will agree Rhodes is an all around player, Johonson from silsbee really steped up this year. Rhodes get the title though he contributed more to his team. but we will just have to see

Thats the truth...

Thats the truth...

well normally i would agree with because rhodes played rb, lb and returned kicks and punts (which definately gives him the edge over garrett), but since johson played qb on a team where the previous year their senior qb was the only one who saw play time and the second string was also a senior, johnson played a HUGE role in silsbee

i think rhodes has the edge though just because of all the positions he played

well normally i would agree with because rhodes played rb, lb and returned kicks and punts (which definately gives him the edge over garrett), but since johson played qb on a team where the previous year their senior qb was the only one who saw play time and the second string was also a senior, johnson played a HUGE role in silsbee

What happened last year and who is coming back next year will have no bearing on the votes.

Well you have a goo point, but Rhodes deserves it he's a senior and had alot more contributed to his team than johnson. maybe next year, Rhodes deserves it, I would take Rhodes first pick over johnson

What happened last year and who is coming back next year will have no bearing on the votes.

i dont think i said it would have an effect on the votes

as a matter of fact i think i said rhodes had the egde because of the fact that he played everywhere this year.

i was just sayin johnson played a HUGE role for that silsbee team

i dont think i said it would have an effect on the votes

as a matter of fact i think i said rhodes had the egde because of the fact that he played everywhere this year.

i was just sayin johnson played a HUGE role for that silsbee team

Thats true, johnson did,

He will get it next year most likley

Is this a "well he's a senior so he should get it pick." Here are some end of district stats I have found.

Johnson  season pass 1665 yds  17 td  rush 624 yds  9 td

district  pass 1211 yds  13 td  rush 394 yds  7 td  total  2289 yds  26 td

Rhodes    season rush  1529 yds  19 td  rec. 259 yds  5 td

district rush  1117 yds  14 td  rec. 220 yds  5 td  total  1788 yds  24 td

Garrett    season rush  1021 yds  18 td  rec  152 yds  2 td

district rush  894  yds  18 td  rec  118 yds  2 td  total  1173 yds  20 td

20 plus TD for all three players, not bad. All three played on defense as well. By having over 500 more total yards and two more TD, Silsbee Johnson has had a better offensive year. Now, remember all of them played defense, so Rhodes would have to have a super year on defense. I just don't think he had a good enough year on defense, are returning punt and kickoffs. Don't get me wrong, I am not bad mouthing any player, never would I do that. But we can post till our fingers turn blue, it's all in the coaches hands. Me, well I'll have to go with Johnson. He's just a Soph.

Is this a "well he's a senior so he should get it pick." Here are some end of district stats I have found.

Johnson   season pass 1665 yds  17 td  rush 624 yds  9 td

district  pass 1211 yds  13 td  rush 394 yds  7 td   total  2289 yds  26 td

Rhodes    season rush  1529 yds  19 td  rec. 259 yds  5 td

district rush   1117 yds  14 td  rec. 220 yds  5 td   total  1788 yds  24 td

Garrett    season rush   1021 yds  18 td  rec  152 yds  2 td

district rush   894  yds  18 td  rec  118 yds  2 td   total  1173 yds  20 td

20 plus TD for all three players, not bad. All three played on defense as well. By having over 500 more total yards and two more TD, Silsbee Johnson has had a better offensive year. Now, remember all of them played defense, so Rhodes would have to have a super year on defense. I just don't think he had a good enough year on defense, are returning punt and kickoffs. Don't get me wrong, I am not bad mouthing any player, never would I do that. But we can post till our fingers turn blue, it's all in the coaches hands. Me, well I'll have to go with Johnson. He's just a Soph.

Well i hope johnson does get it, but i just dont see it happening

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin