East Chambers 46 Orangefield 53/FINAL

• Bobcat1 changed the title to East Chambers 46 Orangefield 53 - Final
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to East Chambers 46 Orangefield 53/FINAL

It's all about matchups, and anyone who knows basketball knew a Coach Sutherland Team would respond to the loss they took against Kountze the other night. Proud to come out with the win and appreciate the close game because it forces players to understand where they need to improve to become better as a team.                                                                                             

6 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

It's all about matchups, and anyone who knows basketball knew a Coach Sutherland Team would respond to the loss they took against Kountze the other night. Proud to come out with the win and appreciate the close game because it forces players to understand where they need to improve to become better as a team.                                                                                             

Yes sir at the end of the day it’s a W… improve and move forward.

10 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

EC lost

3 hours ago, Sports86 said:

EC lost

I believe he’s talking about the game being closer than some would have thought.  Any win against a Todd Sutherland-coached team is a good win.  And I think some people assumed when Kountze blew them out that the Bucs wouldn’t be very good.  I think people may be under appreciating how good the Lions are. 

44 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One thing that's been a bit alarming to me this season with EC is their 2nd half play. Particularly the 4th quarter. They have laid an egg several times this season in the 4th.

EC has to finish games better going forward.

Happens with young teams.  They will get better with experience. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I believe he’s talking about the game being closer than some would have thought.  Any win against a Todd Sutherland-coached team is a good win.  And I think some people assumed when Kountze blew them out that the Bucs wouldn’t be very good.  I think people may be under appreciating how good the Lions are. 

The lions have deep roster this year 

continuous fresh legs for their style is a dangerous thing for opponents 

50 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

The lions have deep roster this year 

continuous fresh legs for their style is a dangerous thing for opponents 

Yes, the Kountze depth I believe is the key to their success as well. I also think that their role players know their roles and stick to them. Sells has always been their leading scorer and now Donald has emerged as their 1,2 punch. Add that to some good outside shooting and guys that know what the right play is, and you will have a winning team.

In Orangefield's case, we are very talented, but aren't as deep as we'd like to be. Losing 7 Seniors last year didn't help with depth and we definitely struggle rebounding the ball. The team is very unselfish and we have guys settling in, so I know we will keep getting better.

I'd anticipate Anuhuac being another good game Friday night, and Kountze next Tuesday to be an all out War if the both teams show up the way I know they can. 

15 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Yes, the Kountze depth I believe is the key to their success as well. I also think that their role players know their roles and stick to them. Sells has always been their leading scorer and now Donald has emerged as their 1,2 punch. Add that to some good outside shooting and guys that know what the right play is, and you will have a winning team.

In Orangefield's case, we are very talented, but aren't as deep as we'd like to be. Losing 7 Seniors last year didn't help with depth and we definitely struggle rebounding the ball. The team is very unselfish and we have guys settling in, so I know we will keep getting better.

I'd anticipate Anuhuac being another good game Friday night, and Kountze next Tuesday to be an all out War if the both teams show up the way I know they can. 

No it won't. Look at Orangefield's strength of schedule compared to Kountze's. 

7 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

No it won't. Look at Orangefield's strength of schedule compared to Kountze's. 

I do agree that Kountze has played the much tougher schedule.

Those losses to Westwood and Tyler Chapel Hill kind of stick out to me in regards to Orangefield.

But, that's why we play the games.

I certainly will be there Tuesday night.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I do agree that Kountze has played the much tougher schedule.

Those losses to Westwood and Tyler Chapel Hill kind of stick out to me in regards to Orangefield.

But, that's why we play the games.

I certainly will be there Tuesday night.

What’s your line?