Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

I would like to applaud Nederland's Administration/school board for apparently paying attention to this forum:  After "7 years" and no State Title -- the head football coach was relieved of his duties.  Slowly but surely people are beginning to see the light!

9 hours ago, Reagan said:

I would like to applaud Nederland's Administration/school board for apparently paying attention to this forum:  After "7 years" and no State Title -- the head football coach was relieved of his duties.  Slowly but surely people are beginning to see the light!

How many state titles did Neumann have?

19 minutes ago, Crazyfrog23 said:

Just curious. Seems to me that Neumann got the respect he deserved while Barrow got very minimal from the fan base. Just an observation. 

If you knew where the overall program was at under the Neumann era and where the current state it is in you wouldn’t be asking this question… 

7 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Barrows  2-5

Neumann 17-7

Pretty absurd to compare the two considering Neumann had a significantly higher amount of experience as head coach. Compare Neumanns first several years and I’m sure the record would be similar to Barrow’s. 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfrog23 said:

Pretty absurd to compare the two considering Neumann had a significantly higher amount of experience as head coach. Compare Neumanns first several years and I’m sure the record would be similar to Barrow’s. 

You asked why Neumann got respect and Barrows didnt.

Right or wrong you get more support if you beat your rival.

Ask Faircloth about that........ 

Neumann was 4-3 his first 7 years at NED.

9 minutes ago, Crazyfrog23 said:

I think Neumann started in 1993. In his first seven years, he was 4-3 vs PNG, and it only got worse for PNG from there. 

2 hours ago, Crazyfrog23 said:

Neumann has only been a head coach at Nederland, he was an assistant at several other schools.  He brought Ned back to the playoffs the first year he was there , missed the playoffs 2 years and then rattled off 11 straight appearances.   And PNG was glad to see him go.  :)

5 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Neumann has only been a head coach at Nederland, he was an assistant at several other schools.  He brought Ned back to the playoffs the first year he was there , missed the playoffs 2 years and then rattled off 11 straight appearances.   And PNG was glad to see him go.  :)

Nederland has some BEAST's on defense in the 4 years I coached against them.

Big, strong, fast and PHYSICAL. They would knock you in the dirt and tell you about it.

If you would spend 5 minutes with Neuman you would understand why he was successful.   Motivativator.  Kids would run through a brick wall for him.  Plus he had Delbert Spell on defense and Monte on offense.  He knew what position the guys needed to be and when to press the button.  If it didn’t work well he’d pull some trick  play out of his pocket.