Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

From NDN Press.  Game will be streamed, but not on YouTube 

APPROVED: NDN Press has been APPROVED to broadcast this Friday’s State Semifinal game with Liberty Hill on our website, PNGISD.org. 

Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. The NDN Press pre-game show will begin at roughly 6:30 p.m., with Kaiden Lunceford (‘27), Clayton Proffitt (‘27) and Ella Owens (‘26). 

Because of restrictions with UIL-partnered broadcasters, we will NOT be streaming on YouTube.

Rather, we will have a video stream embedded on our website, ONLY ACCESSIBLE through clicking the link below. ⬇️ 

GAME LINK:

This is the hidden content, please

The player is already there, so if you’d like to figure out how to get it to stream the way you want it to wherever you want to stream it, you have until Friday to get that figured out. 

Though, we already know it works well to your phone. And to a computer.

You can also catch the action live on Cool 92.5 FM, with Francis, Lance and Rachael. 💜

We’re still getting over our audience last week — 7,075 accounts tuned in. — yet another NEW RECORD!!

We will do our best to bring another great broadcast as we bring SHOWTIME to the Berry Center! 
💜🤍💜🤍💜

#PNGproud #AlwaysBeFaithful #CaptureLife #txhsfb #StudentMedia #ItsShowtime

7 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Pieper’s qb was hurt. It affected his accuracy all night. He could barely move, and I imagine planting his feet to throw was agony. For all Liberty Hill fans have tried to put an asterisk on our win last year because of injuries, there’s been no mention of Pieper’s injuries on offense when they cite their performance in that game as proof that their defense has improved from earlier in the season. 

I don't know of anyone from LH that walked out of the stadium last year believing the outcome would have been significantly different if Noah Long and Joe Pitchford weren't injured. PNG out played us, out coached us and the fans out spirited us.   Hell, even the band was better. 

LH has already overachieved many fan's expectations this year.  Our offensive production is down this year and our pass defense is actually worse than last year.  What this team lacks in size, elusive speed and elite talent, we make up for in heart and relentless tenacity (at times).  Many LH fans want to move away from the Slot-T but I believe this scheme is the primary reason why we consistently make deep runs into the playoffs.  

Keep an eye on the 165lb Noseguard (#44) because he is fun to watch.  That kid has a motor like no other and MAY get home a couple times if the O-line gets caught sleepin'.  

Good luck PNG fans!  I hope the game is competitive, injury free and everyone leaves it all out there on the field.  Regardless of the outcome, I'll be in Arlington next week watching a full day of football with my son who will hopefully be playing in this game next year!

8 minutes ago, Slot-T Shenanigans said:

I don't know of anyone from LH that walked out of the stadium last year believing the outcome would have been significantly different if Noah Long and Joe Pitchford weren't injured. PNG out played us, out coached us and the fans out spirited us.   Hell, even the band was better. 

LH has already overachieved many fan's expectations this year.  Our offensive production is down this year and our pass defense is actually worse than last year.  What this team lacks in size, elusive speed and elite talent, we make up for in heart and relentless tenacity (at times).  Many LH fans want to move away from the Slot-T but I believe this scheme is the primary reason why we consistently make deep runs into the playoffs.  

Keep an eye on the 165lb Noseguard (#44) because he is fun to watch.  That kid has a motor like no other and MAY get home a couple times if the O-line gets caught sleepin'.  

Good luck PNG fans!  I hope the game is competitive, injury free and everyone leaves it all out there on the field.  Regardless of the outcome, I'll be in Arlington next week watching a full day of football with my son who will hopefully be playing in this game next year!

I think Noah would have made a difference for sure. The Kid can play. That is why this year I believe it is going to be tougher to stop you guys. I do believe we will move the ball on ya'll but Those two running backs for ya'll make yards on their own a lot. I for one am not looking past you guys. Ya'll remind me a lot of PNG. We haven't always had the size we have this year, but play with extreme heart. And we have surprized many a team that was bigger. Good luck and I hope it is a clean injury-free game

On 12/3/2023 at 3:55 PM, LHFan80 said:

Definitely mismatch in size .   LH line are usually tuff and they don't always have to push the defensive player across from them back sometimes they just got to get in his way . If you watched the Pieper /LH game LH just kept hammering away right up the middle with the full back . They were happy to get 3 or so yds . I would see Pieper stop fb dead in his tracks and they would turn around run the same play . I was thinking run something different .  But the hammer wore them out in the end . They we're able to run the final 5 and half minutes or so off the clock with 1st downs and a long run by fb  Carter  .    PNG got some big lineman that look like they can endure quite a bit of hammering .      It's going to be a tough night for the LH linemen . 

PNG usually likes it when a team runs up the middle. Our three down linemen are 280, 270, 270. 

23 minutes ago, Slot-T Shenanigans said:

Great username and welcome to the board!  

No way y’all can get away from the Slot-T.  It’s the great equalizer.  Y’all run it better than anyone in the state and your past success proves it.  

1 hour ago, Slot-T Shenanigans said:

Outstanding post. Welcome. And Good Luck this Friday.

6 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

Good Luck to y'all also and Thanks for a classy post !  I've no illusions on how this game could and may turn out , but LH teams have surprised me in this past and I'll root for them to do just that this game and like I've said before however this game turns out I'll root for the team tht makes it to Dallas .

I definitely don't have any notion of we will 100 percent win this game. Just making observations that slant my way. I hope it is a clean, injury free game and if LH wins I will definitely be rooting for them the next week. 

1 hour ago, Slot-T Shenanigans said:

The way LH runs the Slot-T is the best I have ever seen anyone run this type of offense. Plus the way that the players fire out of the huddle each play in unison is f'n scary! This offense is definitely why LH keeps making deep playoff runs each year. Game prep is DC's nightmare! Anyone who says that you need to change that offense is crazy! PNG and SOC are the only 2 teams that I have personally seen who figured it out and shut it down. Great post and good luck on Friday evening. It will be a great game!

14 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

I definitely don't have any notion of we will 100 percent win this game. Just making observations that slant my way. I hope it is a clean, injury free game and if LH wins I will definitely be rooting for them the next week. 

+1  

For the record, I like LH, and I enjoyed watching last year's game, win or lose. The previous 2 games last season against ALBJ and FBM were hard fought tough games; and the previous 2 games this season against MLC and Huntsville were both pretty tough games, and we didn't escape either game without a few injuries. I'm looking forward to this Friday's game, and also hope it's a clean, injury free game. 

Edit: Also hoping for good refs. 

I have nothing  but respect for LH. Even spoke with the coach the week after the game. He was a very respectable and had much sportsmanship. He wished us the best and said he hoped we won it all. I am thankful for teams like LH who have and know what sportsmanship is. Last year after the final play a LH player laid on the field upset. Two Indians ran over and helped him up and hugged him. It was a beautiful thing. I have been told on here I am not the person who can determine what sportsmanship is that its subjective. I disagree. Sportsmanship is what it is. PNG and LH both have it. So does Brenham, and Dayton. Their are others just some on the top of my head. 

3 hours ago, Slot-T Shenanigans said:

Classy post. +1

Welcome to the site!

21 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Just watched the Crosby LH game and LH had passes for long touchdowns. Look like they pulled it off pretty well.

I seem to recall LH trying to pass the ball late in the game last year when the score was getting out of hand. I also seem to recall PN-G being ready for it.

13 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I have nothing  but respect for LH. Even spoke with the coach the week after the game. He was a very respectable and had much sportsmanship. He wished us the best and said he hoped we won it all. I am thankful for teams like LH who have and know what sportsmanship is. Last year after the final play a LH player laid on the field upset. Two Indians ran over and helped him up and hugged him. It was a beautiful thing. I have been told on here I am not the person who can determine what sportsmanship is that its subjective. I disagree. Sportsmanship is what it is. PNG and LH both have it. So does Brenham, and Dayton. Their are others just some on the top of my head. 

That's a great show of sportsmanship . Shows the kinda of character were need more of in our country .

13 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I seem to recall LH trying to pass the ball late in the game last year when the score was getting out of hand. I also seem to recall PN-G being ready for it.

You don't have to be to ready for the pass .

Not something they practice much .  But if you see the QB run up to the line and looks to his left  drop you linebacker and safeties deep it's going to be purple 31 fly .

I know both teams will come out and give all they got.  If we repeat the bad play calling we did last year, then we lose...period.  From what I have seen in playoffs our OC has called good games and our defense is playing lights out as a team.  We are not a single star of Noah Long, Ben Carter, Joe Pitchford, Alister Vallejo, etc.  We're not a team of the Offense carries the Defense or the Defense caring the Offense.  Since playoffs, this team of Panthers plays as a team on Offense and Defense.  I've been involved in LH football for close to 20 years and coached many of them when they were bobble heads.  The adversity this team has faced this year and to be where they are today says a ton about their character and fight.  These young men will give all they have and I know the LH coaches will not let them down.

PN-G we know you will bring all you have.  I can see either side winning, but obviously I pick LH.  It's going to be one heck of a ball game!!! I'm hoping everyone staying injury free, refs are at the top of their game, and save travels to all the fans supporting these young men.

Very interesting thread.  I went to PNG schools for 10 years and then moved after the 10th grade.  Always regretted it.  Was a grade above Jeff The Jet.

Went to all the PNG state playoff games since then and all the PO games during the 70's run. 

Been quite a while since I visited this site and pullin for dem NDN's.   Go Tribe, scalp 'em !

Even got my Canadian born wife to go last year who doesn't even understand football much (hockey, yes, but only rudimentary football knowledge ... but she went crazy screamin' for the Purple and White).   

Very impressed by the PNG passing game.  And the HC has the pedigree!!  They're obviously well coached.

One last note and Indian fans listen to me.  The PNG teams of the 1970's were almost always undersized.   Heck, the starting center in the state playoff game against Plane weighed in at a whopping 175 (Clint Lough).  Technique and heart goes a long way toward winning.  Size is important all things being equal but athleticism and desire can trump size.

18 minutes ago, Manster said:

Very interesting thread.  I went to PNG schools for 10 years and then moved after the 10th grade.  Always regretted it.  Was a grade above Jeff The Jet.

Went to all the PNG state playoff games since then and all the PO games during the 70's run. 

Been quite a while since I visited this site and pullin for dem NDN's.   Go Tribe, scalp 'em !

Even got my Canadian born wife to go last year who doesn't even understand football much (hockey, yes, but only rudimentary football knowledge ... but she went crazy screamin' for the Purple and White).   

Very impressed by the PNG passing game.  And the HC has the pedigree!!  They're obviously well coached.

One last note and Indian fans listen to me.  The PNG teams of the 1970's were almost always undersized.   Heck, the starting center in the state playoff game against Plane weighed in at a whopping 175 (Clint Lough).  Technique and heart goes a long way toward winning.  Size is important all things being equal but athleticism and desire can trump size.

Sorry, 70's style of football versus 2023 is not even comparable when related to high school.  Size matters a lot today as well as being well coach, which PNG is.  I stick to my prediction of winning by 21 or more points.  If this was a Faircloth coach team, I would retract everything I have said on this thread.  Its not, because Faircloth couldn't get past the 3rd round of the playoffs in 10 years and Coach Joseph will have us going to state back-to-back in just two seasons.  PNG will be the new WOS in the Golden Triangle area as long as Coach Joseph stays around.

13 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

Sorry, 70's style of football versus 2023 is not even comparable when related to high school.  Size matters a lot today as well as being well coach, which PNG is.  I stick to my prediction of winning by 21 or more points.  If this was a Faircloth coach team, I would retract everything I have said on this thread.  Its not, because Faircloth couldn't get past the 3rd round of the playoffs in 10 years and Coach Joseph will have us going to state back-to-back in just two seasons.  PNG will be the new WOS in the Golden Triangle area as long as Coach Joseph stays around.

Simmer.... WOS was winning state championships not just getting there (Still a great accomplishment)