snakehead26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Overall - 18-5 

Confrence - 12-1 

Win streak - 8 

Playing McNeese tonight who is winless in conference. Looking to wrap up one of the top two seeds then you only need two wins in the conference tournament to go to the NCAA tournament. 

Ranked #32 in the mid major poll this week.

Lady Cards beat A&M Commerce on the road 74-58 to get some revenge for their only conference loss of the year.

Meanwhile, the UIW CARDS beat Southeastern LA by a score of 53-51.

This gives Lamar a two game lead over SE LA with two to play. Lamar swept SE LA during the regular season so this should give the Lady Cards the #1 seed and the conference title.

Congrats Lady Cards now 21-5 and 15-1.

Lady Cards take care of business beating Northwestern State in their last conference road game. FINAL Lamar wins 80-64.

Lamar now 22-5 with 12 wins in a row.

Final regular season game Wednesday at home against Houston Christian.

One thing I like about their play in the recent games is that they're getting off to fast starts and not having to expend a great effort to work back into the game. For a while, it looked liked they were not ready to play at the start of games.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Will they get a bid?

No chance. I think they were already rated a 16 seed based on the automatic bid. I expected them to win and then have to play somebody like South Carolina or Iowa on their home court.

I think they get to still play in WNIT but after going 17-1 in conference this is very disappointing.

Once again they got off to a slow start trailing 17-6. They looked sluggish for three quarters and trailed 50-38 in the 4th quarter before cutting it to 52-49. I complained all year about these slow starts and it finally caught up to them. The last two weeks of the season they had avoided the slow starts.

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Will they get a bid?

They were rated like 21 last week, in the mid major poll.  Their name got tossed in the recycle bin as the buzzer sounded.  Might help them hang on to Aqua for another season though. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Next game is against Washington State in the 1st round of the WBIT. 

So not even an NIT bid?  They did change the rule this year.  Last year it would have been an automatic NIT bid as regular season champions.