Nederland 34 Beaumont United 78/FINAL

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, they usually do schedule high profile games.  And to Nederland’s credit, they do have a good coach who some used to refer as the magician…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Man BU shouldn’t be scheduling games like this! You gain nothing from playing any of the local teams in the area 

Just now, Coach_Izzy said:

Man BU shouldn’t be scheduling games like this! You gain nothing from playing any of the local teams in the area 

I’m just saying.  They always schedule up and play elite competition and have been for quite a few years now.  I don’t know whose idea it was to play Nederland this year.  Maybe just needed a game to fill.  BUUUUT, you never addressed that Nederland’s coach is good and has respect in this area…

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Nederland 34 Beaumont United 78/FINAL

Other than Silsbee/Wb…BU don’t play local teams in the area outside of District play. Memorial isn’t on schedule this year and Hj hasn’t played Bu in 3years..  Go look and see how many games local teams have played and this is Bu 3rd game..Already have to travel to Htown for most games.. played in Dallas on Saturday. I think it was a fill in game and it turned into feel good game for just about everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

I'd say the BU coach knows exactly what he is doing and what he has done in the past! I'd trust his thinking more than anyone on this board for sure.

Green is a great coach and HOF…have tons of respect for him. But playing Nederland don’t get you ready for the gauntlet of a district in 21-6A or the playoffs. But great programs should always schedule tough & not duck any competition.

Playing Nederland or playing in the YMBL does nothing for you besides cherry pick wins. That’s why I always commend guys like Peavy at DV, he goes & play the best of the best in non-district. 

On 11/21/2023 at 12:41 AM, desethion said:

Other than Silsbee/Wb…BU don’t play local teams in the area outside of District play. Memorial isn’t on schedule this year and Hj hasn’t played Bu in 3years..  Go look and see how many games local teams have played and this is Bu 3rd game..Already have to travel to Htown for most games.. played in Dallas on Saturday. I think it was a fill in game and it turned into feel good game for just about everyone. 

Just now seeing this…but let’s be real BU ain’t played nobody in non-district.

BU has played:

Nimitz, Kimball, Nederland, GCM, Sharpstown & Willowridge. Their opponents have a combined record of 16-27 currently, and BU is currently playing in a terrible YMBL tournament where the only team that could come within 20 points of them is Westbrook. Just not sure how games or tournaments like these get you ready for what’s ahead, especially when there are a lot more competitive games/tournaments you can schedule. My philosophy has always been the best go play the best, especially in non district the games literally don’t matter.