Onalaska 61 Orangefield 75/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Onalaska 61 Orangefield 75/FINAL
17 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Can we keep the shameless self promotion to Facebook?  

Not self promotion but it is promotion. I'm in the kid business and all of the SETX talent will need us all to promote them in every way possible. Trust me, we have been in this game for a long time and whether anyone wants to admit it or not there are big city politics involved in AAU and Circuit Ball. Our SETX Kids will need us all to help them get the opportunities they deserve. I want all of these kids to win and want nothing but positivity for all of them! I am not about many adults and their bull these days, but I love all of the kids and believe we have an obligation to them to make sure we get it right. I kind of thought that was why @AggiesAreWe made SETX Sports to begin with. Am I wrong?

7 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Not self promotion but it is promotion. I'm in the kid business and all of the SETX talent will need us all to promote them in every way possible. Trust me, we have been in this game for a long time and whether anyone wants to admit it or not there are big city politics involved in AAU and Circuit Ball. Our SETX Kids will need us all to help them get the opportunities they deserve. I want all of these kids to win and want nothing but positivity for all of them! I am not about many adults and their bull these days, but I love all of the kids and believe we have an obligation to them to make sure we get it right. I kind of thought that was why @AggiesAreWe made SETX Sports to begin with. Am I wrong?

Great post. This is why most of us do it

On 11/21/2023 at 10:53 AM, Cu Chulainn said:

This message board was created for people to share scores, information, opinions.  I highly doubt anyone is receiving a scholarship from posts here, but I do appreciate your response. I need to go check the cats out.  When is the next home game?  Preferably against someone with a pulse?

1 hour ago, 72 Pinto said:

This message board was created for people to share scores, information, opinions.  I highly doubt anyone is receiving a scholarship from posts here, but I do appreciate your response. I need to go check the cats out.  When is the next home game?  Preferably against someone with a pulse?

Orangefield doesn’t have one team pre-district that is a cupcake. They are playing tough competition. You should probably check them out at their tournament they host in 2 weeks.

And if your comment is in regard to the quality of competition that Onalaska is then I would encourage you to watch them play as well at the Orangefield tournament. Historically I get it that Onalaska hasn’t been on that level but it’s a way different program now and that’s not me tooting my own horn as that’s all thanks to great kids. 

My comment wasn't really aimed at anyone.  I just meant I wanted to see them play someone good.  However, now that I look, I see that none of Orangefield's opponents this year were playoff teams last year.  Maybe the new coach came in and wanted a schedule geared toward building confidence. 

As to Onalaska, I admittedly don't know much about them.  Several on this board have said that is a good team though.  Maybe I'll check yall out too.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:06 PM, 72 Pinto said:

I appreciate your comment and  I don't believe scholarships will be given out based on this message board either. However, I do believe that a lot of people in our communities as well as influential people in the sports world get on here to read about local talent, whether they comment or not. When the comments become argumentative and or destructive to how any of those kids with talent are viewed in the public, then we as adults have to step in and make sure all of these SETX kids are seen and given the opportunities they have worked so hard for and deserve.

Last year's District Superlatives is probably the best example of kids not being represented and awarded fairly because of backdoor deals being made by coaches trying to get their own kids recognized even if they were not the best in the District. I saw a lot of back and forth on this board about it last year, so I know that most folks saw the truth and not the results that came out. It happened, it's in the past and the ones who got shunned can use it to fuel their fire going forward. Hopefully you and the other readers agree, if not then that is why we are all entitled to our own opinions or pages like this wouldn't even be fun. As for us, we don't want  to step on anyone else's head to get where we are going, but at the same time we want what is rightfully ours too! 

I posted the schedule below. I wish we played some bigger teams as well. I even tried to run the kids in some AAU Tournaments with us this Summer to get them used to bigger, faster, stronger competition. We had 3 or 4 young men that were always there and they are the ones excelling now, not because of me but because their commitment level was always what it should have been, which is what it takes to be elite. Hard to keep school teams playing in the offseason, and even harder in small towns.

Hats off to HF & Nederland parents for being able to keep their kids together in the offseason! It will really make a difference for them this year!

Orangefield Basketball Schedule - 2023-2024.PNG