Png vs brenham Friday Nov 10 7pm at the reservation!!

lcm93

41 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Any word on whether Shae Adams will play this week? If so, in what capacity? It seems a waste to have a perfectly capable qb already and put him on the sidelines, when you could have Shae all over the field terrifying defenses and defensive coordinators, with Bailey at QB. 

Shae did play 2 plays Friday night. He took the last 2 snaps. 

20 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Any word on whether Shae Adams will play this week? If so, in what capacity? It seems a waste to have a perfectly capable qb already and put him on the sidelines, when you could have Shae all over the field terrifying defenses and defensive coordinators, with Bailey at QB. 

He was cleared 2 weeks ago to my knowledge, probably just being safe with him.  I look for him to play, in what capacity remains to be seen.  I’d assume he would be in for the jumbo sets at QB like last season.  Connor Bailey has been playing great since Shea went down in week 3.  I predict you’ll see them use him similar to last season.  80/20 split from WR to QB.  

4 hours ago, badndn said:

38-28 last year. This PNG defense is stronger than last years. Offense is more lean on you for four Q’s and wear you down.

Your offense observation is pretty spot on. The defense one is suspect considering the competition this year was down from last year. Our district was considerably weaker from last year. 

9 hours ago, TCloudy said:

He was cleared 2 weeks ago to my knowledge, probably just being safe with him.  I look for him to play, in what capacity remains to be seen.  I’d assume he would be in for the jumbo sets at QB like last season.  Connor Bailey has been playing great since Shea went down in week 3.  I predict you’ll see them use him similar to last season.  80/20 split from WR to QB.  

Shea is still a little weak in the leg, but I think he'll be in

11 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

The only comparison I could come up with is the Montegomery barely lost to LakeCreekand got beat by Dayton. Other than that it's up in the air on which district is tougher

I would say that Districts 9 and 10 are very comparable.  I think both Districts are very good.  The Montgomery vs Lake Creek deal is a Montgomery ISD rivalry that defies logic.  The last 2 years, those games have been nuts. 

You gotta remember PNG was under a new coach and system that got better as the season went on. Also many kids played 16 games last season that came back. Thats an easy equation to make your district look weaker. I believe FBM is a small amount weaker. Texas City is better. Nederland is better, FBW is better as well. 

On 11/7/2023 at 7:41 AM, prepballfan said:

You gotta remember PNG was under a new coach and system that got better as the season went on. Also many kids played 16 games last season that came back. Thats an easy equation to make your district look weaker. I believe FBM is a small amount weaker. Texas City is better. Nederland is better, FBW is better as well. 

You can add,subtract,multiply or divide. It still equals weaker district this year.