Galena park at png

lcm93

Hard to know what to discuss. Can’t see Galena Park winning, but anything can happen so we need to dial in and leave no doubt and have an injury free game across the board. I hope the receivers get a lot of reps. Way too many dropped passes, all season. This needs to be a smooth tune up for playoffs that ends with us celebrating an outright district championship and getting ready to host (probably) Brenham. 

I very much dislike these kinds of games on Week-11 when you've already clinched a playoff spot, you already know what seed you're going to be, with the other team not having anything but pride to play for. 

Hopefully a bunch of the youngsters that don't normally play gets to play a whole half at least and it's an injury-free game. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I very much dislike these kinds of games on Week-11 when you've already clinched a playoff spot, you already know what seed you're going to be, with the other team not having anything but pride to play for. 

Hopefully a bunch of the youngsters that don't normally play gets to play a whole half at least and it's an injury-free game. 

I agree - It’s almost a formality, except for PNG having something to play for in getting an outright district championship, and I guess galena park could be motivated by taking that away from us (if we lose, we share district champs with TC and get the 1-seed, unless Nederland beats TC, in which case we win outright regardless of whether we beat Galena Park). But, other than that it’s just “You have to play another game that might result in injuries, and there’s not actually that much at stake. I guess it’s a chance to take a low-pressure breather before the playoff grind, which will hopefully be long. 

It's Senior night, so parents or representatives will be on the field with the players pre-game. Otherwise, this game will be about taking care of business and winning district undefeated in district. With this coaching staff, the score does not matter, and who is playing does not matter, whether it be back-up or 2nd back-up or whatever, and whoever they are playing against doesn't matter, the same intensity is expected, and the coaches have the same intensity. 

Last Friday the kid that got the USC call against him in the 4th qtr, that gave the Bulldogs a first down instead of 4th and long, regardless of PNG's big lead, got some first hand experience of that intensity from 2 or maybe 3 coaches on the sideline right in front of where we were seated.  The stands got sort of quiet and the coach could be heard, and some of the ladies (moms, probably) were getting upset. One lady yelled down at the coach (twice), "we can hear you, coach!".  I said, "that kid is learning a lesson, and 5 minutes from now he'll be back on the field, and the same coach will pat him on the back".  But the whole team will do 15 ups and downs next week, one for each yard of the penalty. 

19 hours ago, 1970 said:

It's Senior night, so parents or representatives will be on the field with the players pre-game. Otherwise, this game will be about taking care of business and winning district undefeated in district. With this coaching staff, the score does not matter, and who is playing does not matter, whether it be back-up or 2nd back-up or whatever, and whoever they are playing against doesn't matter, the same intensity is expected, and the coaches have the same intensity. 

Last Friday the kid that got the USC call against him in the 4th qtr, that gave the Bulldogs a first down instead of 4th and long, regardless of PNG's big lead, got some first hand experience of that intensity from 2 or maybe 3 coaches on the sideline right in front of where we were seated.  The stands got sort of quiet and the coach could be heard, and some of the ladies (moms, probably) were getting upset. One lady yelled down at the coach (twice), "we can hear you, coach!".  I said, "that kid is learning a lesson, and 5 minutes from now he'll be back on the field, and the same coach will pat him on the back".  But the whole team will do 15 ups and downs next week, one for each yard of the penalty. 

I saw that arse-chewing from about 15 rows up. First words out of my mouth: “I’m glad to see the coaches go Saban on him.”

It’s not the first time I’ve found myself comparing PN-G’s coaches to Saban this season. And I’m very, very proud to be able to say that. It’s exactly what we need.