World Series - 2023

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

Most Astro fans are pulling for Arizona,may work out good for Texas! Lol

there are some outliers, most astros fans fall into one of three groups... the extra salty group is the one rooting against Texas... the all things Texas group will root for the Rangers to bring it home for Texas, and the "if the stros aren't in it, who cares" group that just won't watch.  

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

there are some outliers, most astros fans fall into one of three groups... the extra salty group is the one rooting against Texas... the all things Texas group will root for the Rangers to bring it home for Texas, and the "if the stros aren't in it, who cares" group that just won't watch.  

The only teams I actively root against are the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, and Braves. If those teams aren't involved I'll always root for the underdog, which is Arizona in this case. My dad is also an Astros fan but he'll root for the Rangers in the WS because he falls into the "all things Texas" group. I think the "all things Texas" stance is a lot more common with older folks like him though. His football fandom is gross because he roots equally for the Texans and Cowboys.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:31 AM, bullets13 said:

Good assessment. I think this would cover all fans of any team. 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:19 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Let me rephrase it,everyone I have discussed baseball with the last few days are.They (the ones I personally spoke with)are salty 

this is accurate.  it's been about 90/10 for me on salty vs not salty.  which, I would be salty too if we'd lost in seven, at least to some degree.  But so help me, I'm sick and tired of this following logic:

Astros Fan: "Oh my god, it was 2017, get over it, and quit talking about the cheating.  There's only two players on the roster now that were on that team."  

Same Astros fan 20 minutes later:  "There's no way I could ever root for the rangers.  back in 2017 they wouldn't switch home and homes with us during Hurricane Harvey." 

That's the most hypocritical and nonsensical logic I've ever heard, and Reid Ryan's representation of how all that went down was BS anyway.  But astros fans think everyone should forgive them for blatant cheating due to it being years ago, while they get to hold a ridiculous grudge against the Rangers for a much more minor offense that occurred the same fricking year.  But I think we can all agree that the rangers not switching home and homes with the stros (for various reasonable and logical reasons, and while offering all proceeds from the series to Houston hurricane victims) is WAAAAAAAAY more unacceptable that committing one of the worst cheating scandals in baseball history to win a world series 🙄

36 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

I wasn’t talking about you. 

Yet it’s 6 years later and an irrelevant controversy is still in a lot of Stros fans heads.  I don’t care about the Astros or Astros fans.  I certainly don’t care if they root for the rangers or not. But it’s hard to “get stros fans out of my headspace” when salty Astros posts have made up about 25% of my fb feed for the last 3-4 days.  They’re inescapable and hilarious, and many of the more delusional ones are centered around the topic I mentioned above.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t care about the Astros or Astros fans.  But salty Astros posts have made up about 25% of my fb feed for the last 3-4 days.  They’re inescapable and hilarious.  

Same here. I just simply ask them what time is their next game and they typically shut up. 

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yet it’s 6 years later and an irrelevant controversy is still in a lot of Stros fans heads.  I don’t care about the Astros or Astros fans.  I certainly don’t care if they root for the rangers or not. But it’s hard to “get stros fans out of my headspace” when salty Astros posts have made up about 25% of my fb feed for the last 3-4 days.  They’re inescapable and hilarious, and many of the more delusional ones are centered around the topic I mentioned above.  

You sure post a lot of paragraphs on here about the Astros for someone that doesn’t care them or their fans. Just block your annoying friends and enjoy your team being in the World Series. 

14 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

You sure post a lot of paragraphs on here about the Astros for someone that doesn’t care them or their fans. Just block your annoying friends and enjoy your team being in the World Series. 

It’s more fun to read the posts.  And I promise you, I’ve been enjoying the heck out of it.