World Series - 2023

1 minute ago, BEARCPA said:

Getting Garcia from the Cardinals for cash might be one of the most one-sided trades in baseball history. 

I call it reverse karma, we blew that WS against StL, now we're back in the WS courtesy of StL cause Garcia was a HUGE part of it. Gotta love baseball. 😁

I’m curious to see the umpire scorecard in this one.  I missed most of the game, but saw a bunch of stuff on Twitter about Kelley getting a really generous strike zone vs the rangers pitchers being squeezed.  Montgomery somehow pitched 6 innings without recording a single strikeout, which is pretty crazy.  I get that it was 9-1, but most of that came late off of our bullpen scrubs.  I’m not making excuses or saying this changed the outcome, but I’ve watched probably 100 games this year and it’s time for robo-ump to call balls and strikes I think.  

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’m curious to see the umpire scorecard in this one.  I missed most of the game, but saw a bunch of stuff on Twitter about Kelley getting a really generous strike zone vs the rangers pitchers being squeezed.  Montgomery somehow pitched 6 innings without recording a single strikeout, which is pretty crazy.  I get that it was 9-1, but most of that came late off of our bullpen scrubs.  I’m not making excuses or saying this changed the outcome, but I’ve watched probably 100 games this year and it’s time for robo-ump to call balls and strikes I think.  

Kelly pitched a gem, plain and simple, no help from the ump. Personally, I hope balls and strikes are always called by a person.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Kelly pitched a gem, plain and simple, no help from the ump. Personally, I hope balls and strikes are always called by a person.

Just saw the report.  He missed 12 calls, and 10 went against the rangers.  In a game that was 2-1 going into the 7th, that’s pretty dang significant, and as good as Kelly was, there’s no way that didn’t play a part.  There was absolutely help from the ump.  Gotta be better than that in the World Series. 

54 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Just saw the report.  He missed 12 calls, and 10 went against the rangers.  In a game that was 2-1 going into the 7th, that’s pretty dang significant, and as good as Kelly was, there’s no way that didn’t play a part.  There was absolutely help from the ump.  Gotta be better than that in the World Series. 

It goes both ways, it’s part of the game.  Smart pitchers know how to deal with it.  No need to change.

Umpire wasn’t the difference on a game like that.

It’s so much easier to simply say my team got their arse handed to them and go on to the next game. Garver went down and hit (from a pitcher’s view) a great pitch. That hit was 1 of 4 for the Rangers. The bullpen for the Rangers was a non factor. To say the ump cheated is grasping and absolutely looking for excuses. Diamondbacks had 16 hits. 
Looking for a Texas WS victory, but I congratulate the Diamondbacks on a solid win. They didn’t get to the WS from bad umping.

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

It’s so much easier to simply say my team got their arse handed to them and go on to the next game. Garver went down and hit (from a pitcher’s view) a great pitch. That hit was 1 of 4 for the Rangers. The bullpen for the Rangers was a non factor. To say the ump cheated is grasping and absolutely looking for excuses. Diamondbacks had 16 hits. 
Looking for a Texas WS victory, but I congratulate the Diamondbacks on a solid win. They didn’t get to the WS from bad umping.

Agree, I’m also pulling for the Rangers now that Houston is out, but I doubt we would be hearing about the lousy umpires if Texas won last night.

Like I said, it’s part of the game.