World Series - 2023

1 hour ago, baddog said:

It’s so much easier to simply say my team got their arse handed to them and go on to the next game. Garver went down and hit (from a pitcher’s view) a great pitch. That hit was 1 of 4 for the Rangers. The bullpen for the Rangers was a non factor. To say the ump cheated is grasping and absolutely looking for excuses. Diamondbacks had 16 hits. 
Looking for a Texas WS victory, but I congratulate the Diamondbacks on a solid win. They didn’t get to the WS from bad umping.

Nobody is saying the umpires cheated.  But 12 missed calls in the world series, with 10 going against one team, is not acceptable.  The diamondbacks are playing great, they don’t need any extra help.  

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree, I’m also pulling for the Rangers now that Houston is out, but I doubt we would be hearing about the lousy umpires if Texas won last night.

Like I said, it’s part of the game.

We’d be (understandably) hearing about from the diamondbacks fans, and a lot of stros fans, based on the celebrations I saw last night from them, if it had been reversed.  Maybe you’re one of the purists who could watch a stros game where their opponent was getting a noticeably more generous strike zone and say to yourself, “eh, just part of the game!”  It bothered me.  What can I say? 

52 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You guys need to understand. bullets is a "wouda, couda, shouda" kind of guy. Always has been. That's what he does.

But you are right, I have never seen him break down too many wins. It only seems to come after losses.

just poking at ya Lucas.

If it doesn’t cost your team a game, and I clearly stated that there’s no way to know that this had any effect on the outcome in this one, there’s not much reason to complain.  You can poke away, it doesn’t bother me.  Although in this case I don’t think it’s really fair to say that I’m playing the woulda coulda shoulda game, other than stating the fact that the umpire shoulda done better.  

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

We’d be (understandably) hearing about from the diamondbacks fans, and a lot of stros fans, based on the celebrations I saw last night from them, if it had been reversed.  Maybe you’re one of the purists who could watch a stros game where their opponent was getting a noticeably more generous strike zone and say to yourself, “eh, just part of the game!”  It bothered me.  What can I say? 

I’m a Stros fan and I wasn’t celebrating. Since you mentioned my team, I will say the Stros swept the Diamondbacks in their house to win the A. L. West. Rangers get their bats going, they could win it there.

BTW, I watched the game.

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

You saw a different game than I saw.

You sound like the high school football fan that gets beat 60 to 7 and complains about the referees, lol.

43 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You saw a different game than I saw.

You sound like the high school football fan that gets beat 60 to 7 and complains about the referees, lol.

Sure thing.  Probably no point in commenting on every single post I make, then 😉 and lastly, we saw different games because we have different levels of interest in the outcome, but I’ve posted the factual evidence that I’m not just “being a Homer”.  This isn’t evadale vs Silsbee where a few missed calls are irrelevant, like you’re trying to make it out to be.  It’s two very even teams on the biggest stage, and noticeable umpire biased, even if it’s coincidental, is an issue.  The corresponding adjustments that one team HAS to make, and one team GETS to make, is also an issue.  If the umps can’t call a decent game, get robo umps.  

After giving it some thought while weedeating, I’ll make a deal with y’all.  Let’s just agree for y’all to feel that I’m just being whiny because my team lost, and I’ll agree to feel that if it were on the other foot and happened to your team that I believe you would react differently.  There’s maybe a little truth and a little falseness to both beliefs, and now we can just get back to being friends and talking about the next game of the series.  Deal? 

30 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

After giving it some thought while weedeating, I’ll make a deal with y’all.  Let’s just agree for y’all to feel that I’m just being whiny because my team lost, and I’ll agree to feel that if it were on the other foot and happened to your team that I believe you would react differently.  There’s maybe a little truth and a little falseness to both beliefs, and now we can just get back to being friends and talking about the next game of the series.  Deal? 

I don’t see you as whiny at all, I see you complaining because you feel like your team came out on the short end of bad calls.  I do it as well.  What I don’t do is call for umpires to be replaced because they’re not perfect.  It’s part of the game and always has been, just another obstacle to deal with.  One thing I am sure of is the whooping the Rangers took last night wasn’t because of bad umpiring.

They’ll figure it out, they’re too good a team not to.

56 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don’t see you as whiny at all, I see you complaining because you feel like your team came out on the short end of bad calls.  I do it as well.  What I don’t do is call for umpires to be replaced because they’re not perfect.  It’s part of the game and always has been, just another obstacle to deal with.  One thing I am sure of is the whooping the Rangers took last night wasn’t because of bad umpiring.

They’ll figure it out, they’re too good a team not to.

It spiraled on them.  Kind a weird situation where the game’s out of reach so you don’t want to burn important bullpen arms, but you still hate to see a 9-1 win where everyone gets to hit off of someone throwing meatballs and maybe gets themselves going.  

38 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Both teams going with bullpen games today.  Unfortunate that the rangers had to burn Gray yesterday, but man was he good in the win.  

Gray looked awesome last night, as did the rest of the bullpen.  Chapman is always a little shaky but he throws so dang hard good things happen when he is around the plate.  Seems like every move Bochy makes, works!!!  I sure hope the magic can last for 2 more wins!!!