MAVERICK Lumberton's most hated fan on the net says.....

Guest maverick24

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine what they must have thought with all the noise we were making ...... cuz when I heard their little saying, "We are LM, We are LM, Woosh!" They were pretty darn loud!  I can imagine what they thought about us! WOW!

The whole side was full of L-TRAIN supporters!

What happens when they score is a guy sitting on the 50 turns around with a big sign that says "ARE YOU READY" and he also screams "ARE YOU READY?".... the fans cheer in response,,,, then again he screams "ARE YOU READY?????"

Then the fans respond........  "WE-ARE, LA-MARQUE COOO-GAHS   WOOSH!  WE ARE, LA-MARQUE COOO_GAHS   WOOSH!  WE ARE, LA-MARQUE COOO-GAHS   WOOSH!"

Its pretty cool and there is a ton of tradition behind it.

I have sat on the LaMarque side and watched many a butt whippin clinic put on by the Cougars... I know that what you saw the other night from their players was not pretty but that is what happens when you have been winning since time began and dont ever want it to end especially coming off a state chanmpionship year.. At least the Cougars know how to stay hungry.

Ah, ok, cool. We were just making our own noise, so there was no way to hear them.

We seem to have a new "tradition" to: Someone says "How bout them Raiders?" , then everyone goes nuts!  :D

Hey man, whatever butters your bread 8)

After hearing LaMarques battle cry, some lady behind me kept screaming  after each Lumberton TD....

"WHO ARE WE???"  "WE-ARE LUMBER-TON,, BOOOOYAH! WE ARE LUMBER-TON,, BOOOOYAH! WE ARE LUMBER-TON,, BOOOOYAH!"

It was cracking me up!! ;D

Way to go Raiders!!! Man, you guys have taken a bunch of grief over the last couple of seasons. Way to believe in your team!! Good luck and keep on pluggin away!!

One more thing... that just ain't right making the plpayoffs for the first time and not just winning your first 2 playoff games, but beating LM in the process! We are like 1- 1 million against those guys... ;) Seriously, GREAT JOB!!

Hey man, whatever butters your bread 8)

After hearing LaMarques battle cry, some lady behind me kept screaming  after each Lumberton TD....

"WHO ARE WE???"  "WE-ARE LUMBER-TON,, BOOOOYAH! WE ARE LUMBER-TON,, BOOOOYAH! WE ARE LUMBER-TON,, BOOOOYAH!"

It was cracking me up!! ;D

Uhhhhh....No!!!  ;D ;D

Guest maverick24

You must have me mixed up with someone else I didn't stand in line at all and was one of the last to leave the area where the guys were cooking! Maverick has his wife stand in line LOL!!! Taiggate Bigger and Better every week!!!  Thanks to all the guys that help and put this on with us!!!

MikeEast,

I hope your not fallen into the wounded animal syndrone. Very few people but the LUMBERTON FAITHFUL believed we could win. All we heard was LM, LM, LM, etc...... Now that the little COOGs lost your not felling sorry for them are you????? They of all people should know how to act win or lose, after all they have been a powerhouse for years. Tradition wise, PNG has a much pride as any school in the state. Last night after they took it on the chin they lined up on the 50 and shook hands and gave congrats to the Mustangs. PNG understood that they got beat by the better team last nite. Please understand, I like PNG. They just got beat. No one layed on the field, NO ONE walked to the locker room, they waited there turn on the 50 and shook hands. At half time neither band marched and each school played one song and the other band would dance at the others song. This went one for 20 mins. THIS IS CLASS !!!!!! The MUSTANGS had plenty of player at the end of the game that made stupid late hits. Each time the coach pulled them out of the game and ripped there tail. I think the LAMAR CONSOLIDATED COACHES need to hold a clinic on how remove bad apples. The problem is kids will get as close to the line as possible until someone tells them to stop. The LM COACH should be handing out stickers and shopping carts at WALMART. He let it happen and this was not the first time. You could tell they have had practice at acting this way, they were like a pro.

Once again, we know about their winning tradition, but I saw PNG last night. A few of the boys cryed as they walked to the locker room for the last time. By the way, I sheaded a tear with them. They lost with CLASS. LM over all can not SPELL class, hopefully someone will send them PNG's final minutes on the field so they will know how to act. GO INDIANS, hold your hears up high. I remember how you beat our butts.

GO L-TRAIN

Guest tigersvoice

Hey Mav.... great tailgate you didn't stick around long enough to talk to saw you wanted to get in line for a good set.  can't believe they wouldn't let anybody in.  Could have enjoyed the tailgating instead of standing

Hey Maverick and all the other Raider tail gaters!  Thanks for your hospitality last Friday night.  Loved the food and, of course, loved the atmosphere.  And, low and behold, saw a friend that I've not seen in over 30 years - Randy (Too Many Pancakes) Freeman. ;D  Randy was the real deal in his day - athletically I mean. ::)  There were many other friends that I saw and hugged and made many new friends as well.  Thanks again for the great hospitality, fun and especially for the privilege of JUMPING ONTO THE

L-TRAIN !!  GO RAIDERS.  Wayne Brasher (aka tigersvoice)

Hey Tiger85, thanks for the post, but I have to strongly disagree with you on the LC caoah.  They DID NOT pull those kids for the flagrant fouls at the end.  In the area we were sitting in, we were all commenting on how players, (esp.#18) was allowed to stay in after the cheap shot on Doty (#6).  As a coach I would have jerked him off the field and he would have been through for the night.  Some of those shots were potentially life changing, but he allowed them to continue.  Shame on him.  He's putting winning in front of values and sportsmanship...  I pray PNG never resorts to that type of play. 

If Lamarque showed poor sportsmanship, then shame on them, but as far as crying and showing emotion...give the kids a break.  Regardless of how many games, championships, advancements that you when...these kids work their butts off to get where they are and for them NOT to show emotion would concern me, especially if they are seniors.  :'(

If Lamarque showed poor sportsmanship, then shame on them, but as far as crying and showing emotion...give the kids a break.  Regardless of how many games, championships, advancements that you when...these kids work their butts off to get where they are and for them NOT to show emotion would concern me, especially if they are seniors.   :'(

Actually Card, it wasn't the crying that most people are really complaining about. I mean we all understand that, to some of the players, it really was a heart breaking experience. No, what the biggest complaints about were the throwing down of the helmets, and the players who walked off the field without the customary post game congratulation handshake, AND the fact that some of their coasches even did that. This team showed absolutely NO class whatsoever. Even as bad as we beat Smiley, those young men showed the class of champions by going across the 50 yard line shaking our players hands. In the name of good sportmanship NOONE should expect any less. Those coaches are teachers too, and one of their jobs is to teach these young men respect for others, otherwise, if one of them makes it to the big time he will end up being like so many of the so called stars we detest because of their attitudes.

Cardfan, it's NOT really about the emotions that they showed after losing, it's all the OTHER cr@p they started off with.

Those people (coaches and players included) came out acting like their waste products didn't reek.

Heck yeah, WE are talkin about 'em. They left a bad taste in our mouths. If winning the state championship every year for 100 years makes the people in the community think that they have the right to disrespect other people, I'd just as soon we stay home. NO little piece of metal is worth my kid giving up all his self respect.

You'll forgive us if we aren't real worried about their feelings right now?

By the way, the new horn should move down to the bottom of the stands on the opposite side of the L-Train Horn so that you aren't making people directly in front of you uncomfotable by hurting their ears as those truck air horns can be very loud. Other than that, I love any noise we can bring to the field and show our appreciation with. Wake 'em up and shake 'em up.

MikeEast,

I hope your not fallen into the wounded animal syndrone. Very few people but the LUMBERTON FAITHFUL believed we could win. All we heard was LM, LM, LM, etc...... Now that the little COOGs lost your not felling sorry for them are you????? They of all people should know how to act win or lose, after all they have been a powerhouse for years. Tradition wise, PNG has a much pride as any school in the state. Last night after they took it on the chin they lined up on the 50 and shook hands and gave congrats to the Mustangs. PNG understood that they got beat by the better team last nite. Please understand, I like PNG. They just got beat. No one layed on the field, NO ONE walked to the locker room, they waited there turn on the 50 and shook hands. At half time neither band marched and each school played one song and the other band would dance at the others song. This went one for 20 mins. THIS IS CLASS !!!!!! The MUSTANGS had plenty of player at the end of the game that made stupid late hits. Each time the coach pulled them out of the game and ripped there tail. I think the LAMAR CONSOLIDATED COACHES need to hold a clinic on how remove bad apples. The problem is kids will get as close to the line as possible until someone tells them to stop. The LM COACH should be handing out stickers and shopping carts at WALMART. He let it happen and this was not the first time. You could tell they have had practice at acting this way, they were like a pro.

Once again, we know about their winning tradition, but I saw PNG last night. A few of the boys cryed as they walked to the locker room for the last time. By the way, I sheaded a tear with them. They lost with CLASS. LM over all can not SPELL class, hopefully someone will send them PNG's final minutes on the field so they will know how to act. GO INDIANS, hold your hears up high. I remember how you beat our butts.

GO L-TRAIN

LOL, wounded animal syndrome... not at all.. This aint my first rodeo. I have watched hundreds of teams win and lose high school football playoff games over the years,  and I have seen it all up to and including police on the field. I have seen fans, coaches and players go absolutely berserk after a losing effort.

Yeah LaMarque behaved very poorly and many of the students behaviour was totally unacceptable before, during and after the game. They were arrogant, boisterous, cocky, obnoxious and crude... But that sounds like a typical jock to me, they just did not do a very good job of restraining what the rest really wish they could do to the opposing teams players and fans as well..

I have seen all sorts of reactions after a team loses.  Many kids lash out in frustration, throw helmets, play dirty at the end of a game, many cry, many just sit there in shock, many just do nothing.  But they are all just kids and in this case LaMarque REALLY wanted to win just like Lumberton did.. They are human, they were frustrated and their hearts were broken. They reacted poorly and should be held accountable for their actions appropriately.... But that is for their coaches and parents to handle. I am not saying that it was ok,,, but take the expectation and hope that Lumberton had to win that game and multiply x10... Lumberton does not know what it feels like to fall off the throne, LaMarque does. Its one thing to lose when you have nothing to lose.... Being sacked in the biblical sense and falling off the top of the world can take losing to another level. Yes I do know what it feels like, just not as a football player.

I am not saying it was ok,,, I am just saying that you might as well get used to it... you will see it a lot more if you continue to make the playoffs year after year.

LOL, wounded animal syndrome... not at all.. This aint my first rodeo. I have watched hundreds of teams win and lose high school football playoff games over the years,  and I have seen it all up to and including police on the field. I have seen fans, coaches and players go absolutely berserk after a losing effort.

Yeah LaMarque behaved very poorly and many of the students behaviour was totally unacceptable before, during and after the game. They were arrogant, boisterous, cocky, obnoxious and crude... But that sounds like a typical jock to me, they just did not do a very good job of restraining what the rest really wish they could do to the opposing teams players and fans as well..

I have seen all sorts of reactions after a team loses.  Many kids lash out in frustration, throw helmets, play dirty at the end of a game, many cry, many just sit there in shock, many just do nothing.  But they are all just kids and in this case LaMarque REALLY wanted to win just like Lumberton did.. They are human, they were frustrated and their hearts were broken. They reacted poorly and should be held accountable for their actions appropriately.... But that is for their coaches and parents to handle. I am not saying that it was ok,,, but take the expectation and hope that Lumberton had to win that game and multiply x10... Lumberton does not know what it feels like to fall off the throne, LaMarque does. Its one thing to lose when you have nothing to lose.... Being sacked in the biblical sense and falling off the top of the world can take losing to another level. Yes I do know what it feels like, just not as a football player.

I am not saying it was ok,,, I am just saying that you might as well get used to it... you will see it a lot more if you continue to make the playoffs year after year.

Raider fans...let's give it a rest now. Everything that can be said has been said.

Let's focus on our victory and facing Waller.

Well, since you can't talk that daughter of yours into postponing her wedding,

(Some people are sooooo inconsiderate...I mean, I am missing my Wildcatters Hockey for football ::);)) you'll just have to make plans to catch another ride on the L-TRAIN the next week!  ;D

Missing a Hockey Game for Football, that is a no-brainer in Southeast Texas. Ice is for Ice Tea in Texas not Hockey. Once again I wonder how much money the Wildcatters are going to lose for Jefferson County This year???

By the way, the new horn should move down to the bottom of the stands on the opposite side of the L-Train Horn so that you aren't making people directly in front of you uncomfotable by hurting their ears as those truck air horns can be very loud. Other than that, I love any noise we can bring to the field and show our appreciation with. Wake 'em up and shake 'em up.

Get some earplugs

Missing a Hockey Game for Football, that is a no-brainer in Southeast Texas. Ice is for Ice Tea in Texas not Hockey. Once again I wonder how much money the Wildcatters are going to lose for Jefferson County This year???

:o :o :o

FORD PARK, NOT THE WILDCATTERS will probably cost you a whole lot more if people don't step up and support the events going on there!  It's already there, we might as well use it. Either way, the citizens of Jefferson County are gonna pay for it! As for me, I don't live in Jefferson County, so just consider my enjoying ice hockey as a favor to you if you live in the county! You're welcome!  ;)

***And now...back to your regularly scheduled LUMBERTON RAIDER THREAD!!

Feeling bad about a loss does not justify that behavior and it's not common.  La Marque's players are not disciplined and that has been a serious problem for a while.  Even La Marque's own fans will tell you that.

No question about the discipline thing... But kids having tantrums after a big loss is VERY common. I have seen teams do it a million times.. And like they say the bigger they are the harder they fall..... Teams, especially those undisciplined teams,  that are not used to losing often do not go down gracefully especially when some little nobody team like Lumberton slaps a pop knot on their head.  ;)