Silsbee @ Bridge City

Who That

This might be closer than people think ? BC al lot better, good up front , both sides of the ball, and kids play extremely hard. I look for Tigers to have a let down after big game, and several players banged up, some might not play much if any? HC got injured on the sideline, so there having to deal with that. All Rumors  at this time, but maybe Details later in the week.

2 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

This might be closer than people think ? BC al lot better, good up front , both sides of the ball, and kids play extremely hard. I look for Tigers to have a let down after big game, and several players banged up, some might not play much if any? HC got injured on the sideline, so there having to deal with that. All Rumors  at this time, but maybe Details later in the week.

All that may be true, but they are not in the same league with Silsbee.

10 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Silsbee will be fine. 53-13 Tigers

Silsbee wins easily.  As far as BC goes, they will take a pounding this week, and then they will close out the year with a victory against Liberty who like HJ has struggled all year long. BC will be 4-6 for the season if and when they defeat Liberty. With that said , when you look at those 4 wins, the most impressive one to me is the victory over Orangefield. When you break down the wins for BC…two of those wins came against schools in smaller classifications (Ofield / Buna). Buna may not end up being a playoff team in that smaller division as well. The other two wins which came in district are against HJ who is winless and Liberty who is currently 1-7 with their only victory being against HJ. Wins are wins, but the facts are that besides the Orangefield win, the other three are not all that much to get excited about. I’m sure the district will do their due diligence in deciding on whether to keep their current interim head coach or find someone else. Certainly an argument can be made in the current head coach’s defense that they won 3 more games than last year, although I thought that BC was battling injuries last year including at QB. Another argument could be made that they are still not ready to truly compete for a playoff spot in that district. Some will say that they played WOS close. That’s true, but as erratic as WOS has been, they still defeated BC.  Either way, it’s a good community with lots of support,  and I’m sure they will figure out the best route for their athletic leader going forward. Baseball is only a few months away. The cards will certainly have revenge come that season. 

6 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Tigers HC , having Achilles surgery today, blew it out in second half against HF. Be surprised if you see him on the sidelines anytime for the rest of the season ? My guess as to what kind of impact that has on this team, as they make a run in the playoffs?

Get him a golf cart, he'll be fine.