UIL Region 10 Marching Band Archive - YouTube Channel

Good day everyone, I am not sure if this is allowed or not. If not, please take this post down.

I have been trying my best to create an archive for our UIL Region 10 high school marching bands. 

That was the original intent when I created my YouTube channel 16 years ago. 

I had found many old VHS tapes over the last 10 years that helped to broaden and deepen the channel with all sorts of high school marching bands throughout the state including our home Region 10. 

Just last month, I discovered another huge cache of old Region 10 marching band contest performances going as far back as 1976. For some people that marched that contest, that was infamously known as the "Mud Bowl" with the awful field conditions.

I have posted that full 1976 contest that includes all bands from the middle school/junior highs all the way up to the largest 4A classification of that time period. Currently, I am slowly posting all bands from the 1977 contest.

I have digitized the VHS tapes for the 1978, 1979 contests and am currently digitizing the 1980 contest.

As I am working through the different years, I find it fascinating to see all these different high schools that no longer exist due to consolidation (Beaumont Hebert, South Park, Forest Park, French, Port Arthur Jefferson, Port Arthur Austin, Port Arthur Lincoln) or no longer have band programs (High Island, Chester). Also, the quality of the middle school/junior high bands that march in the contests look and sound like high school bands. 

During this time frame, I am seeing lots of schools switch from military style to a military-corps hybrid or going straight into DCI corps-style. This is really evident going from 1979 to 1980. In 1976 all but two high schools (West Hardin and Kountze) were military-style with some of the largest schools having a sort of mili-corps hybrid type show (Port Arthur Jefferson, Forest Park). 

Please take a look at these historical recordings and I am forever grateful to the band directors that took the initiative to document and save these recordings from years ago.

YouTube Channel: 

This is the hidden content, please

- rocketfan86

Edited by rocketfan86
added some information

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2023 at 1:12 PM, rocketfan86 said:

Good day everyone, I am not sure if this is allowed or not. If not, please take this post down.

I have been trying my best to create an archive for our UIL Region 10 high school marching bands. 

That was the original intent when I created my YouTube channel 16 years ago. 

I had found many old VHS tapes over the last 10 years that helped to broaden and deepen the channel with all sorts of high school marching bands throughout the state including our home Region 10. 

Just last month, I discovered another huge cache of old Region 10 marching band contest performances going as far back as 1976. For some people that marched that contest, that was infamously known as the "Mud Bowl" with the awful field conditions.

I have posted that full 1976 contest that includes all bands from the middle school/junior highs all the way up to the largest 4A classification of that time period. Currently, I am slowly posting all bands from the 1977 contest.

I have digitized the VHS tapes for the 1978, 1979 contests and am currently digitizing the 1980 contest.

As I am working through the different years, I find it fascinating to see all these different high schools that no longer exist due to consolidation (Beaumont Hebert, South Park, Forest Park, French, Port Arthur Jefferson, Port Arthur Austin, Port Arthur Lincoln) or no longer have band programs (High Island, Chester). Also, the quality of the middle school/junior high bands that march in the contests look and sound like high school bands. 

During this time frame, I am seeing lots of schools switch from military style to a military-corps hybrid or going straight into DCI corps-style. This is really evident going from 1979 to 1980. In 1976 all but two high schools (West Hardin and Kountze) were military-style with some of the largest schools having a sort of mili-corps hybrid type show (Port Arthur Jefferson, Forest Park). 

Please take a look at these historical recordings and I am forever grateful to the band directors that took the initiative to document and save these recordings from years ago.

YouTube Channel: 

This is the hidden content, please

- rocketfan86

Is there any way you can track down the Kountze performance from the 2005-2006 school year? Hurricane Rita was that year so I remember we performed marching contest somewhere else besides LCM High School. We also made it to Area and marched at Lufkin High School after that. It was my senior year but can’t seem to find the video of either performance.