Week-7 Port Arthur Memorial vs La Porte Predictions

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Who wins   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • La Porte

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2023 at 05:00 PM

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Long as we don't fold like a chair versus LP like yall did we got a shot. 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

LP won’t make it easy. Unlike Crosby, LP has QB’s that are actually accurate when they throw, RB’s that generally hold onto the ball, and players that know where and how to line up. PAM’s gonna have to earn this one.

I also noticed LP threw in some new wrinkles that PAM will now have to guard against. I’m sure they were added just to make PAM have to prepare for them.

PAM has a couple solid RB’s, and 14 is awesome. LP has 4 solid RB’s with Keenan back now, and 17 & 2 are definite weapons. Especially when teams have to stack for the run.

1 minute ago, OlDawg said:

LP won’t make it easy. Unlike Crosby, LP has QB’s that are actually accurate when they throw, RB’s that generally hold onto the ball, and players that know where and how to line up. PAM’s gonna have to earn this one.

I also noticed LP threw in some new wrinkles that PAM will now have to guard against. I’m sure they were added just to make PAM have to prepare for them.

PAM has a couple solid RB’s, and 14 is awesome. LP has 4 solid RB’s with Keenan back now, and 17 & 2 are definite weapons. Especially when teams have to stack for the run.

Gonna be a stressful game for fans 😂

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@OlDawg we need an OT game 😂

HA!

I don’t remember ever having one…

Even when it was the 3 Amigos (NS, PAM, LP) playing each other in district or playoffs. I know a lot of folk think 21-6A is the SEC of TXHSFB now—and it is to me also. But, 21-6 was already one of—if not the toughest—when we were all 3 in it. Heck, WB was even somewhat decent back then. 😂

Numerous years NS was repping D1 & LP was repping D2. Of course, the year PAM finally beat LP (the first time ever) 3 weeks after losing again in district to the Dawgs will live on in infamy.

If memory serves, NS, LP & PAM were all in Regional Finals with PAM & LP playing each other again that year.

23 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

LP won in OT in 2014. @LP

It was the Cobra Jones introduction game!!

Better memory than me. I remember Cobra. But not the OT. Oh well. My login name may give a clue why I don’t remember everything anymore. HA!

(I was there when Lundin was still coaching and LP was meeting up with Craig James & Stratford. Dude played LB, RB & PK. LOL…)

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Petty 😂🤣💪🏾 I love it. 

Yep. First ever win by PAM over LP. Hard to beat a good team 2x in less than a month. Especially when they know each other so well. I still think LP matched up better—matchup wise—to San Antonio whoever it was for the next game.

I am of the opinion that LP had a big letdown after beating Katy, and PAM had a big letdown after finally beating LP. I think we wiped each other out.

I wonder how many other times since a single district had 3 of the 4 teams in the Regional Finals at the 6A level?

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Rewatching our last game again, we might be a faster overall team than last season. 

Baker seems faster than Martin to me. Maybe just the style he runs. Big fan of ‘Pierre’ (sp). #14. He’s a baller.

Calpreps has PAM 41 - LP 28. But, Calpreps has been off on their projections for LP before game a lot this year.

With this being a rivalry game, I have no clue. It could go all kind of ways. I do think it will be high scoring. Say, O/U of 75.

21 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Yep. First ever win by PAM over LP. Hard to beat a good team 2x in less than a month. Especially when they know each other so well. I still think LP matched up better—matchup wise—to San Antonio whoever it was for the next game.

I am of the opinion that LP had a big letdown after beating Katy, and PAM had a big letdown after finally beating LP. I think we wiped each other out.

I wonder how many other times since a single district had 3 of the 4 teams in the Regional Finals at the 6A level?

I agree. Cibolo Steele was a beast. 

20 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Baker seems faster than Martin to me. Maybe just the style he runs. Big fan of ‘Pierre’ (sp). #14. He’s a baller.

Calpreps has PAM 41 - LP 28. But, Calpreps has been off on their projections for LP before game a lot this year.

With this being a rivalry game, I have no clue. It could go all kind of ways. I do think it will be high scoring. Say, O/U of 75.

I don't trust projections in a rivalry game. 😂

33 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I don't trust projections in a rivalry game. 😂

Agree.

PAM had a pick 6 against Crosby. But—not being disrespectful of the young man—Crosby’s QB was not a very effective passer.

LP’s D has been very opportunistic with 4 INT’s (2 pick 6’s) in the last 2 games, and I don’t remember how many fumbles recovered this year. All while being pretty decent ball security wise.

If LP creates defensive scores against PAM, PAM’s in trouble.