New Caney Porter (35) @ Baytown Sterling (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Baytown Sterling - 5A-8-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: New Caney Porter- 5A-8-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

I think overall the coach at Sterling is a good dude, but this was the year where it was finally time to turn the corner and win some games, and I’m not talking about just defeating the other two Baytown schools which I don’t believe he has in recent years. Of course he gets the win against GCM. However , it’s no secret they pay him a huge salary to lead that program along with assistant coaches making more than 3A and 4A athletic directors around most areas of the state. You got a very young linebacker coach that pretends to know a lot more than he actually does, an older QB coach that has failed in getting the ranger QB to progress. He has had that player for nearly two years as a starter, and I’ve yet to see or hear the QB truly take another step, and this QB is an excellent athlete. I heard through the grapevine that several 9th grade coaches were promoted up this season when you had some varsity coaches from last year leave for another district or previous profession. One of those coaches was the d-line coach who was hands down the most knowledgeable coach on the staff. I heard that he was replaced by a 9th grade coach. You also lost one of the linebacker coaches who was the most popular coach on that staff and biggest inspirational motivator to those kids. He went back to another profession, I think he was a special agent or some fancy law officer title. His position was not filled leaving only one LB coach for this year. One LB coach in that size school..not smart.  You also lost an o-line coach who was a true o-line coach and fit the identity of that position with his gritty approach. I also think they lost some more offensive coaches. Either not filled or filled with 9th grade staff. They did replace coordinators, but that hasn’t exactly worked out. Sure they were still bad last year, no arguing that, but this year they were an older team with higher expectations, and again Toomer has failed to meet that expectation. Anything is possible. They could turn it around and get a win against Crosby or LaPorte, but that’s not likely. I sure hope they do. Pulling for it to work out for them. I hate to see a program that loses consistently every year. At some point , if it doesn’t turn around, Goose Creek may want to look towards the future of Sterling and see if they can find another overall leader. I think 6 years of losing is enough. 

9 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

I think overall the coach at Sterling is a good dude, but this was the year where it was finally time to turn the corner and win some games, and I’m not talking about just defeating the other two Baytown schools which I don’t believe he has in recent years. Of course he gets the win against GCM. However , it’s no secret they pay him a huge salary to lead that program along with assistant coaches making more than 3A and 4A athletic directors around most areas of the state. You got a very young linebacker coach that pretends to know a lot more than he actually does, an older QB coach that has failed in getting the ranger QB to progress. He has had that player for nearly two years as a starter, and I’ve yet to see or hear the QB truly take another step, and this QB is an excellent athlete. I heard through the grapevine that several 9th grade coaches were promoted up this season when you had some varsity coaches from last year leave for another district or previous profession. One of those coaches was the d-line coach who was hands down the most knowledgeable coach on the staff. I heard that he was replaced by a 9th grade coach. You also lost one of the linebacker coaches who was the most popular coach on that staff and biggest inspirational motivator to those kids. He went back to another profession, I think he was a special agent or some fancy law officer title. His position was not filled leaving only one LB coach for this year. One LB coach in that size school..not smart.  You also lost an o-line coach who was a true o-line coach and fit the identity of that position with his gritty approach. I also think they lost some more offensive coaches. Either not filled or filled with 9th grade staff. They did replace coordinators, but that hasn’t exactly worked out. Sure they were still bad last year, no arguing that, but this year they were an older team with higher expectations, and again Toomer has failed to meet that expectation. Anything is possible. They could turn it around and get a win against Crosby or LaPorte, but that’s not likely. I sure hope they do. Pulling for it to work out for them. I hate to see a program that loses consistently every year. At some point , if it doesn’t turn around, Goose Creek may want to look towards the future of Sterling and see if they can find another overall leader. I think 6 years of losing is enough. 

Guy has shown zero progress in 6 years, should have already been gone. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You watching this? @BHFAN

Yeah I watched it and concur with the comments in this thread. It’s time for new leadership at Sterling.  The playbook is almost non existent and super simple for a 6 year coach.  In the last 4 games they have only scored 3 TD’s!  I would start the search now for next year.