Port Arthur Memorial (54) @ Nederland (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

On 9/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, Underated11 said:

22 for 30 against PNG was Stoever ... 16 for 26 against Nederland.. I don't see any accuracy issues .. 

Kind of funny how perception works. I thought he was way more accurate against Nederland yet his numbers were better against PNG. The play calls were mostly bubble screens and short passes the first game but the incomplete passes were way off and at his receivers feet. The pass plays against Nederland were mainly medium to long passes and I thought he was right on the money yet he had more incomplete passes even though he threw less. O line has been holding up well but I'm worried how he'll react to a team with a stout D line. He seems to have some wheels on him as well, I noticed that after he picked up the fumbled snap against Nederland and ran it in for the touchdown. Either way, there's still room for improvement and he'll get better as the season goes no doubt.

i was in florida on vacation so i missed the nederland game. PAT409 seems to be on the money. stats say bubble screens, jet sweeps, 5 yards or less count as passes. however as fans, if this is what we are looking at, it will be back to 1st rd losses. now, seeing they opened up the play book and he was hitting down field plays, tells me SOMEONE is making sure he is getting better. right now staying healthy is going to be the most important part. i feel if ANYONE goes down, i'm not sure someone can step in. really trying to find a replay of the game for free

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 7:55 AM, PAT409 said:

Kind of funny how perception works. I thought he was way more accurate against Nederland yet his numbers were better against PNG. The play calls were mostly bubble screens and short passes the first game but the incomplete passes were way off and at his receivers feet. The pass plays against Nederland were mainly medium to long passes and I thought he was right on the money yet he had more incomplete passes even though he threw less. O line has been holding up well but I'm worried how he'll react to a team with a stout D line. He seems to have some wheels on him as well, I noticed that after he picked up the fumbled snap against Nederland and ran it in for the touchdown. Either way, there's still room for improvement and he'll get better as the season goes no doubt.

22 for 30 against PNG for 152 yards.  16 for 22 against Nederland 224 yards with 2 tds .  So Nederland game was better .  

19 hours ago, Underated11 said:

22 for 30 against PNG for 152 yards.  16 for 22 against Nederland 224 yards with 2 tds .  So Nederland game was better .  

I was going off the numbers you provided, so I quoted you saying he went 16 for 26 against Nederland which is less accurate than the PNG game. If he was really 16 for 22 then it's still slightly less accurate than 22 for 30.