Crosby vs FB Marshall

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Easy they got 22 yards on the ground against the national champs ! These Buffaloes won’t be nothing.

Only had 18 yards rushing against King last year and still put 207 rushing yards on FBM the next week. Only had 64 total yards against King last year compared to 245 this year, and that’s with the drops. Otherwise, first rattle out of the box the offense puts up 5X the yards and 5X times the points as our offense last year that returned multiple starters including the QB from a semifinals team. 

Lot different personnel on this team than started the season last year, plus most importantly we’re relatively healthy for now. There’s also a lot of overall experience in this team, a bunch of the kids on the current roster played a lot as sophomores and freshmen during the semifinal run in ‘21. Some of the other seniors like Eudy actually played in the state championship game in ‘20 too. Willis may be a new coach to us but he has a good group year one just like Riordan and Prieto landed with so the expectation is a solid product. 

Again, I appreciate all of your concern for our program. I know it sucks for nobody to care about your team’s games until you play Crosby or PAM. 

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby lost by 56 to King last year and beat FBM the next week after them beating Klein 14-7 in their opener. Same scenario and FBM took an L to a beat up Crosby team. Lot healthier this year and better on both sides of the ball. They should have a huge edge, they’re at home and have 10 D1 kids on their roster. That’s why they’re on Crosby’s schedule. 

LOL. According to you, your coach is "too old" and does "not know how to relate to the kids". Crosby got donkey punched and looked terrible. Crosby does not like "physical football", that is why CEK whipped them so bad. Edge FBM. 

16 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The scout film they sent over this week is 136 plays and they don't look great on any of that either. You also have to take into account that they played a 6A school over twice their size though. That was their first game out and they're trying to replace 80% of their offensive production from last year. Outside of the times when they had Malik Hornsby and JW Ketchum playing QB their offense has always looked unimpressive .  .  .  until you get on the field with them and understand why they have won 6 of the last 8 5A track and field state titles. FBM beats you with overall team speed and defense and their defense looks pretty solid. 

Not that it matters this week but Klein probably would've won the game if not for that holding call in OT on 1st and goal from the 4 yard line. Klein can't throw the ball at all but was gashing FBM with the QB keeper. Klein's base formation is pretty similar to what Crosby runs now, what I'm hoping is that they defend us the same way and we capitalize on some of the big play opportunities Klein couldn't hit. 

Damn, is Willis calling you each week and letting you come break down the film with him? I think this is the third week in a row you have known specifics about what film was sent over to the coaches for scouting. I wish I could see the details of the agreement you made Willis sign in order to keep your son in the Crosby program. Probably getting some NIL money out of the deal......lol

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL. According to you, your coach is "too old" and does "not know how to relate to the kids". Crosby got donkey punched and looked terrible. Crosby does not like "physical football", that is why CEK whipped them so bad. Edge FBM. 

Yep, looked even worse against King last year and still beat FBM with 6 starters out. You can make 100 posts about how bad we looked and it still won't change that FACT. 

12 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Dang, is Willis calling you each week and letting you come break down the film with him? I think this is the third week in a row you have known specifics about what film was sent over to the coaches for scouting. I wish I could see the details of the agreement you made Willis sign in order to keep your son in the Crosby program. Probably getting some NIL money out of the deal......lol

Third week in a row I've know about the film that was sent over because this is my 6th year having a son who plays varsity football at Crosby. My sophomore nephew got moved up to varsity and my freshman son will be up there next year. So for at least 29 more weeks in a row I will have HUDL logins to view the scout film that is sent over from opposing coaches and posted to the team account for the kids to study. 

I post things for the Crosby fans that are interested in their team. The reason people see me around town ask "So what do you think about this week?" or "How we looking?" is because they know I do stuff like get up Sunday mornings at 5AM to go sit in the mancave and watch film for three or four hours before I get on here posting what I think about a game. 

Hold up literally no one is saying we didn't get mashed by King, They blasted us, however we did things against Kings defense that we could not do last year, we are much healthier than last year at this point as well. 

We did beat FBM last year. New years, new teams. FBM is always good, they always have great athletes and the way you beat that team is by staying disciplined and out executing them. That's what the Cougars must do to win this one this week. 

No one doubts the talent down their in MoCity. Should be another great test for Crosby. 

8 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Sounds like you got hate in your blood. We had one kid go down with a broken collarbone at King. I seem to remember more of them needing help off the field than ours. Besides that we’re always more physical than FBM. They have a history of shrinking when the game gets physical i.e against BH and PNG in the playoffs. Might want to check out Levi Fontenot knocking their D1 DB damn near out the camera frame. 

5 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Sounds like you got hate in your blood. We had one kid go down with a broken collarbone at King. I seem to remember more of them needing help off the field than ours. Besides that we’re always more physical than FBM. They have a history of shrinking when the game gets physical i.e against BH and PNG in the playoffs. Might want to check out Levi Fontenot knocking their D1 DB damn near out the camera frame. 

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of a person who says a team that won “does not look great” while supporting a team that got run off the field. Also, the same person spent months running down the coach. 

I think an important part of the CE King game is missing. CE King scored -5 points from the previous year and Crosby scored +15. My question would be, in what quarter did the most scoring take place? Did King get up by like 30 and start subbing in their bench players? Did Crosby score all (or some) of their points early in the game against their top tier players. I can see King subbing in players once they felt the game was out of reach. Same for Crosby, did they sub players once the game was out of reach and King scored points? IMO, this week will be a better judge of the team status. I predict Crosby by 14 and Eudy with 350 passing yards.

16 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

I think an important part of the CE King game is missing. CE King scored -5 points from the previous year and Crosby scored +15. My question would be, in what quarter did the most scoring take place? Did King get up by like 30 and start subbing in their bench players? Did Crosby score all (or some) of their points early in the game against their top tier players. I can see King subbing in players once they felt the game was out of reach. Same for Crosby, did they sub players once the game was out of reach and King scored points? IMO, this week will be a better judge of the team status. I predict Crosby by 14 and Eudy with 350 passing yards.

I think a big part of why Crosby took less of a Donkey Stomp this year can be based on 2 reasons. 1.) CEK returned 3 players to Crosby’s 9 from last year and 2.) There was no film on Crosby running their new offense, so they chunked a couple of seam passes for TD’s.

Now that game film will be available for opponents the DC’s will limit that production. Then we get to see how Crosby can adjust. Not sure if FBM has the coaching to react this game but FBM at home they win. Buffs by 14

17 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

No Crosby Scores happened in the fourth quarter and only one King TD happened in fourth quarter. 

Crosby and C.E. King traded initial touchdowns, King got up 21 in 2nd, Crosby closed gap to 14 then king scored again. 3rd Quarter Crosby defense had 2 4th down stops in the Crosby half of the field (too far for a field goal, too short for a punt.) Crosby closed the gap to 20 then king pulled away to 7 less than the final score by end of third. Crosby didn't score after about midway through the 3rd and C.E. King scored 2x at end of third and during the 4th. 

This was not a case of Crosby 1's scoring on C.E. King 2s. It was however a three quarter game and King had the game won by the end of the third. 

All the drops/big plays we are discussing happened with 1s versus 1s. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

There was no film on Crosby running their new offense, so they chunked a couple of seam passes for TD’s.

Now that game film will be available for opponents the DC’s will limit that production. Then we get to see how Crosby can adjust. Not sure if FBM has the coaching to react this game but FBM at home they win. Buffs by 14

So either you're saying that C.E. King didn't watch tape from our coach who is running the exact same offense he's ran at his last two stops. 

Or 

You're saying that he didn't know what Crosby's tendencies would be which is true of every team in game one. 

So did BH beat Mag West because Mag West didn't have game film on this years BH team? 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

No Crosby Scores happened in the fourth quarter and only one King TD happened in fourth quarter. 

Crosby and C.E. King traded initial touchdowns, King got up 21 in 2nd, Crosby closed gap to 14 then king scored again. 3rd Quarter Crosby defense had 2 4th down stops in the Crosby half of the field (too far for a field goal, too short for a punt.) Crosby closed the gap to 20 then king pulled away to 7 less than the final score by end of third. Crosby didn't score after about midway through the 3rd and C.E. King scored 2x at end of third and during the 4th. 

This was not a case of Crosby 1's scoring on C.E. King 2s. It was however a three quarter game and King had the game won by the end of the third. 

All the drops/big plays we are discussing happened with 1s versus 1s. 

With that being said, I stand by my predictions of Crosby by 14 and Eudy with 350 passing yards.

So either you're saying that C.E. King didn't watch tape from our coach who is running the exact same offense he's ran at his last two stops. 

Or 

You're saying that he didn't know what Crosby's tendencies would be which is true of every team in game one. 

So did BH beat Mag West because Mag West didn't have game film on this years BH team? 

I think he is saying that “Crosby specific film” in the new system will now be available.

The system in Crosby will not precisely reflect the system at the previous stop. Particularly due to different player strengths 

Or 

Mag West played basically the same team with the same coach. Your comparison doesn’t compute 😂Do you think Mag West could review Absecks days at Cedar Park to formulate a game plan against BH?

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I think he is saying that “Crosby specific film” in the new system will now be available.

The system in Crosby will not precisely reflect the system at the previous stop. Particularly due to different player strengths 

Neither does any offense year to year. Abseck is running more complex plays than he would have been a year ago given he has the same players in the same system. Unless the claim is coaches have a system and only do that system then every first game of the year there is a question of what the "system" looks like. 

It's a weak excuse. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Mag West played basically the same team with the same coach. Your comparison doesn’t compute 😂Do you think Mag West could review Absecks days at Cedar Park to formulate a game plan against BH?

I mean they beat yall last year "not knowing the system" I'm sure they didn't look at any of his cedar park tape before that game either. 

I mean they beat yall last year "not knowing the system" I'm sure they didn't look at any of his cedar park tape before that game either. 

There was still Barbers Hill tape with Abseck before we played them last year Hard Head😂

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Neither does any offense year to year. Abseck is running more complex plays than he would have been a year ago given he has the same players in the same system. Unless the claim is coaches have a system and only do that system then every first game of the year there is a question of what the "system" looks like. 

It's a weak excuse. 

I believe Prieto did it that way. His offense was starting to become predictable. 

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think a big part of why Crosby took less of a Donkey Stomp this year can be based on 2 reasons. 1.) CEK returned 3 players to Crosby’s 9 from last year and 2.) There was no film on Crosby running their new offense, so they chunked a couple of seam passes for TD’s.

Jesus Christ, you’re still here? 

On 8/29/2023 at 9:51 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

They don’t like physical football, that’s why we beat them, that’s why y’all beat them and that why BH beat them running QB draws. They’re usually and awful chatty bunch but they’ve been very quiet in social media so far this week. 

Never mind about the social media and chatty part. FB Marshall players fired up the social media smoke yesterday morning and it came to a head as Crosby fans tried to leave the freshman game. Fort Bend County sheriff officers earned their OT today.