Democratic Kentucky Governor Said He Will Not Obey The Law!!

Reagan

I heard on a national talk show today that if Mitch McConnell has to resign that the Governor will appoint a Democratic to his seat.  One might say, what's the issue?  He's a Democrat therefore he appoints a Democratic.  Not so fast, kemosabe!  The State has a law that states that whatever party the individual that resigns belongs to has to be replaced with same party that resigned.   There goes another Democrat giving the middle finger to the rule of law.  

@Big girl @UT alum @CardinalBacker

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

I heard on a national talk show today that if Mitch McConnell has to resign that the Governor will appoint a Democratic to his seat.  One might say, what's the issue?  He's a Democrat therefore he appoints a Democratic.  Not so fast, kemosabe!  The State has a law that states that whatever party the individual that resigns belongs to has to be replaced with same party that resigned.   There goes another Democrat giving the middle finger to the rule of law.  

@Big girl @UT alum @CardinalBacker

Democrats>Law

Interesting in this new law is that the governor vetoed it but it was overridden by the KY legislature.

While researching that I came across another legislative veto of the governor recently, this time over gender reaffirming healthcare for children. Apparently the KY legislature passed a law forbidding hormone therapy if the parents wanted to change the sexual characteristics of a child. Mostly it seems to be estrogen therapy to keep boys from becoming boys and testosterone therapy to keep girls become more masculine.

Surely the left side of the aisle will jump in here soon and say that if parents want to keep their 9 year old son from going through puberty, it should be okay.

But, it makes me wonder how many bills that the governor has vetoed, have been overridden in KY.