Bold season predictions for 2023-2024

On 6/6/2023 at 6:40 PM, Football_Fan11 said:

Ofield hammered them 2x

An average Buna team beat them 3/4 

Anahuac swept them, with one of those being being a 20 pop W 

I get the optimism, but kountze was not a good club last year. 

Thoughts so far after non district and a few district games?

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Football_Fan11 said:

I missed this one, but also didnt realize they had 2 significant move-ins. They say the Donald kid from Westbrook is a stud. 

Who’s the other “significant” move in? Donald is a dang good player. The only other player that wasn’t on the team last year got about 3-4 minutes a game. Not sure how “significant” you would call that.

51 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

Who’s the other “significant” move in? Donald is a dang good player. The only other player that wasn’t on the team last year got about 3-4 minutes a game. Not sure how “significant” you would call that.

Must be referring to the move in freshman that moved in from Kountze Junior High lmao

7 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Must be referring to the move in freshman that moved in from Kountze Junior High lmao

After watching them in person last night I didn’t think they were as good as advertised as a whole. We were supposed to get blown out and sure we lost by 21 but we had our absolute worst game of the year from a shooting stand point and you might say it was because of the defense but really it wasn’t. We missed wide open 3’s time and time again. And just like I suspected they shot 12 more free throws than we did thanks to one particular ref. 

All that being said, as long as #5 came from Kountze the rest of the kids really don’t matter. Sure some kids had a few rebounds and put backs and made a few buckets here and there. But that’s stuff any halfway talented big can do. #5 was by far the best player on the court for either team and they will go as far as he can take them. Very impressed with how savvy he was with the basketball. That kid is the catalyst for that team and much props to him.

Congrats to Kountze and good luck!

Our first half was sloppy.  The other move in came from Warren, but used to live in Kountze and moved back. He is a Senior coming off the bench.    Warren and Lowe each had quiet 14 point games.   
    Tarkington was better than I thought in the first half.   Threes were not falling.   Seem young. So should be even better next year.