Bridge City 57 Jasper 61/FINAL

19 minutes ago, cb3plus3 said:

Maybe not as fair fight as you might think. Very good Jasper team but no doubt if you watched the game, BC took some bad breaks from the refs late. Jasper capitalized on those opportunities. BC had many chances to change the outcome with some missed shots early but wow what craziness at the end. I hope we get a chance to play again in a neutral site with neutral chapter refs. Jasper has talent no doubt but anyone that watched that game to say BC not in the conversation just not being honest. This district is just tough it's crazy.. 

Did not watch the game.  However, any game I watch in SETX, I go in expecting the officiating to be incompetent at best. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Did not watch the game.  However, any game I watch in SETX, I go in expecting the officiating to be incompetent at best. 

I was there. Officiating was not good. But it wasn't good for both teams. Several non calls went both ways.

Foul count was 14 for each team.

BC went to the FT line 15 times (12/15)

Jasper was 9/17 from FT line

Other stats

BC was 9/34 from 3 point

Jasper was 3/17 from 3 point

Jasper out rebounded BC 44-29 (25-14 in 2nd half)

BC turned it over 22 times (3 in last minute of the game)

Jasper had 23 turnovers

I think these two teams would split 5-5 if they played 10 times.

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was there. Officiating was not good. But it wasn't good for both teams. Several non calls went both ways.

Other stats

BC was 9/34 from 3 point

Jasper had 23 turnovers

So as I originally surmised, “fair fight.”  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I did not expect incompetence nor do I think that's what they necessarily were the majority of the game. But it was very close to obvious late how they called some questionable calls especially the backcourt call when clearly it was a tipped ball and was loose and free.  

I did watch the game. And Aggies was spot on. I think the officials were consistent. Bc lost because with 3 minutes left up by 3 were chewing clock and got out of their offense and turned ball over 3 times if I’m not mistaken. And once on defense forgot to guard the guy with the ball driving to the goal. It was a great game for sure and bc for sure is a good team. I for sure wouldn’t blame any officiating in that game. Out rebounded and stop looking to score too soon in my opinion. Great game though 

Jasper has athletes but not true basketball players. They have the size of a 5A team up front. There was a kid who took 2 steps inside the free-throw line and missed a dunk vs Silsbee. He was flying!!!!! If they had one or 2 more hoppers, they would be a scary match up in the playoffs. If they make it, I see in and done but man they have the look for sure. 

On 2/11/2023 at 7:47 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Other stats

BC was 9/34 from 3 point

Jasper had 23 turnovers

Yes we missed some shooting opportunities especially early in the game on open shots. 2 of the TO in the end were legit bad play by BC. The backcourt call was not. It was tipped by Jasper. Video shows what everyone was yelling about. I would agree with the 5/5 split I hope we get a chance to see one last time in a neutral site.