Anahuac 62 Kountze 43/FINAL

1 hour ago, JimAdler said:

The strange thing to me is, Ktz loses a lot of games at home over the years where they shoot bad in their own gym.  I've had this discussion with dj many times and it definitely is a head scratcher.

That started around 2008… it’s weird lol before that that hadn’t lost a home district game in like 8 years

22 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

That started around 2008… it’s weird lol before that that hadn’t lost a home district game in like 8 years

2008 we lost 2 district games both on road 

2009 lost 1 district game on road.    

I played for kountze from 06-09, the talent level definetly dropped after the state championship in 07. 

But we were still pretty good, ran into a tough New Waverly team those years in the playoffs. 

56 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

2008 we lost 2 district games both on road 

2009 lost 1 district game on road.    

I played for kountze from 06-09, the talent level definetly dropped after the state championship in 07. 

But we were still pretty good, ran into a tough New Waverly team those years in the playoffs. 

My bad I was thinking of the 2010-2011 season. Kountze lost at home to Anahuac and that was their first home  district loss since 2000

I think people need to understand that this team for kountze is

6 sophomores 2 juniors 1 freshmen 

the only kid with real varsity experience is Sells. the big Warren kid played about 7 mins a game last year. also the 4 teams they are battling with all have at least 6 seniors on the team. ( i still think kountze sneaks in the playoffs ) 

This is where the lack of consistency comes from. A year from now the district is in trouble , and 2 years from now the entire state may be in trouble at the 3a level.