Hardin-Jefferson 58 Hamshire-Fannett 45/FINAL

Hardin-Jefferson played excellent defense last night. That 2-3 zone frustrated the Horns as they protected the lane very well and HF mostly had to settle for perimeter shots. Also, HF had no answer for HJ's post man Wyatt Samaha. He was dominant inside with 17 points and 12 boards. He was Da Man last night!

HJ did pretty well handling the ball with out their starting PG. #14 and #3 shared the duties and did a good job. I thought not having their PG would really put them behind the 8 ball in this match up but the Hawks overcame that loss and shined.

It was a great atmosphere as it was standing room only and some folks were left outside. Both schools student sections showed up and cheered loudly. Definitely had that playoff vibe to it.

Next game should be a doozy.

17 minutes ago, BlueOwl said:

Can’t say I’m surprised by this outcome. 

I am a little surprised being that HJ was minus their starting PG. Thought it was a pretty evenly matched game going in (had HF a slight favorite being at home) but after hearing that HJ would be down a starter I had HF winning this one. HJ played exceptional defense last night. That and Samaha was the difference.