House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

LumRaiderFan

6 minutes ago, Reagan said:

We can abolish the IRS by moving towards a flat tax.  One could file one's taxes on a post card.  Thoughts on going to a flat tax!

Always thought it was a good idea, and no one should be exempt from paying taxes.  Everyone pays the same percentage so when someone (democrats) start talking about raising taxes, everyone will be paying attention because it will affect ALL taxpayers.

No more slackers on the bottom cheering for taxing the evil rich guys.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Always thought it was a good idea, and no one should be exempt from paying taxes.  Everyone pays the same percentage so when someone (democrats) start talking about raising taxes, everyone will be paying attention because it will affect ALL taxpayers.

Remember, John Kennedy said that the progressive income tax was used to punish people.  So, true, it's been a bad deal since it's inception. 

57 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I agree on a flat tax 

But your comment on “slackers on the bottom” is funny, as you are/were  probably in the bottom tax brackets yourself.. while crapping on the people who made/make even less money than you. Poors fighting the poors 

I'm all about a progressive tax... Nobody ever expected a 40% top bracket, though. 

We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.  

19 hours ago, Reagan said:

We can abolish the IRS by moving towards a flat tax.  One could file one's taxes on a post card.  Thoughts on going to a flat tax!

You're not wrong about the tax code being too complex.  I've got a BBA and it's no small matter to file my taxes... It would be practically impossible without third party software.  There's absolutely no way that Johnny Punchclock could file his own 1040 anymore.  

• 2 weeks later...