In McCarthy Negotiations, GOP Landed On ‘Most Significant Win For Conservatives In A Decade’!

Reagan

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I believe the bill was to rescind  the previously passed $87 billion to hire new IRS agents.

It is irrelevant however, since the Senate will not take up the issue.

I believe it was Representative Jim Jordan, I saw a few days before the speaker was even elected, who said that the Republican led House was going to pass several single item bills. That means one issue and one bill. That also means not half a dozen riders like $1 million for a new art center in downtown NY.

So when the 2020 for elections roll around and the independent and undecided voters ask, what did you do in the last two years, the Republicans can list several bills that were attempted to be passed into law but they were stopped by the Democrat controlled  Senate.

Such as:

We passed a bill that would lower your taxes.

We passed a bill that would defund the IRS hiring new agents.

We passed a bill, requiring the closing the border.

We passed a bill……

Because the noncommitted and center voters are the ones who are going to decide the elections. 

Spending starts and stops in the House.  With that being said, what they'll do is insert the funding cut into something the Senate and Joebama wants and more than likely sign it.  Will the Dems and Joebama shut down the government to save the funding for 87,000 IRS agents?  Can't see it but one never knows.