The Tale Of Two Football Cities: Port Neches-Groves And Nederland

Reagan

On 1/8/2023 at 12:01 PM, Aggie521 said:

I also am a “Grovite” who basically took the same path as you - played on the Browns and all. It’s absolutely true that you grow up as a Groves kid with a chip on your shoulder wanting to beat the “rich” kids of PN at everything! My senior year our starters were pretty evenly split between the two cities, but most of the hard-nosed kids are always from Groves. 

For reference, I married a PN girl and now live in PN - so there’s that. 😆

I'm quite sure both you guys are MUCH older than me Lol, but when I went to Groves Middle School in the late 70's (lived on Verde not far from the school), we all pretty much couldn't stand the Port Neches bunch...

Interesting.  The PNG vs Nederland thread turned into a Port Neches vs The Groves thread.  I did find it interesting though.  Never knew there was trouble in Indian land, but always wondered how many players The Groves contributed.  Despite this Hatfield/McCoy feud it seems to dissolve at the High School level.  

53 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Interesting.  The PNG vs Nederland thread turned into a Port Neches vs The Groves thread.  I did find it interesting though.  Never knew there was trouble in Indian land, but always wondered how many players The Groves contributed.  Despite this Hatfield/McCoy feud it seems to dissolve at the High School level.  

There is no problem. Just your usual negative few posters.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, The Ingredient said:

Yall are almost all PA blood, or else yall'd be West-Bridge City by now......so lets just call it that. Your maroon/purple and gold blood does seem to slowly be bred out of you the further North you go in the land of purple cool-aid. 

😁

47 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I'm a little disappointed in that all we can come up with so far is that in the past 47 years Groves is the answer for why there is a difference in the two football cities!   Would like to hear other opinions!

I agree. Groves and Port Neches don’t exactly have a genetic wall erected between them. 

• 3 weeks later...