Port Neches-Groves (38) vs Brenham (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

18 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Sent to the hospital? Whats the story behind that?

104 degrees at kickoff 140 on the turf. They moved the game and game time during the week of the game. Then brought only 18 cases of water for the visiting team. Their excuse....  sorry it was an oversight 

Thanks all, I found the replay on TL.

Re the FBM game at Fort Bend, it was plenty hot, and I saw a couple of people that got overcome. But the concession stand had plenty water, gatoraid and pickles as far as I remember, at least I know that I had my share of all 3. 

I thought that PNG players were in better shape than FBM's were, actually, just based on the numbers of players down in the 4th quarter, and the way the game went. Still, we lost both starting inside linebackers that game, and a few others iIrc. I'm looking forward to a second game against FBM now. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

FBM will probably bring about 2K max of fans and people who just wanna watch them play. It'll be more than enough room for Png folks to attend if they want. 

I really feel bad for them. When we have played them in the past, even in the playoffs, they were lucky to have 200-300 people in the stands. That’s band included. It’s sad some parents and family won’t go see their kids or family preform. The playoffs may bring in a little more but not much.

2 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I really feel bad for them. When we have played them in the past, even in the playoffs, they were lucky to have 200-300 people in the stands. That’s band included. It’s sad some parents and family won’t go see their kids or family preform. The playoffs may bring in a little more but not much.

I was told years ago that they had a better basketball fanbase than football. I don't know if that's really true or not, but it sure seemed like it after watching them versus MHS in 2017 playoffs on the hardwood.