Anahuac vs Franklin

AP_5309

10 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

Anahuac's weakness is run defense.  Thats why OF was able to win this district.

If AP can slow down the run, look for this game to be close.  Especially if they can get a turnover or two.

If they couldn’t slow down Orangefields run game (No offense to Orangefield) then they are gonna have a rough night come game time vs Franklin 

4 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

If they couldn’t slow down Orangefields run game (No offense to Orangefield) then they are gonna have a rough night come game time vs Franklin 

I will say this - they held them to 25 points while only putting up 15 points, they averaged +40 this year. Their main offensive weapon didn’t play and they had horrible play calling with only deep fade passes for the first half, zero run game. It was a strange game. OF piles up the yards but it easily could have been an AP win if they were playing with a full deck. That’s why I feel this is going to be an interesting game tomorrow night. 

26 minutes ago, speener1 said:

I will say this - they held them to 25 points while only putting up 15 points, they averaged +40 this year. Their main offensive weapon didn’t play and they had horrible play calling with only deep fade passes for the first half, zero run game. It was a strange game. OF piles up the yards but it easily could have been an AP win if they were playing with a full deck. That’s why I feel this is going to be an interesting game tomorrow night. 

Seen film and they didn't throw a bunch of fade routes in the first half. Watched the whole game so idk what you are talking about. I will say this ( no disrespect to Orangefield) but they couldn't hold Franklin's jock on Offense. But I guess that is why they play the game. Goodluck to Anahuac tomorrow night

14 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Seen film and they didn't throw a bunch of fade routes in the first half. Watched the whole game so idk what you are talking about. I will say this ( no disrespect to Orangefield) but they couldn't hold Franklin's jock on Offense. But I guess that is why they play the game. Goodluck to Anahuac tomorrow night

Odd perspective on Orangefield being that 7 colleges are recruiting # 40 unless Franklin has two of him that are being recruited as well?  If so, they will do what they want tomorrow night.

The only other question I have is, did Franklin match up with anybody this year that could sling it around like AP ?  Just curious how that balances out.  Yes, AP will struggle most likely against the run, but will Franklin struggle covering AP's skill kids ?  I feel like Corbitt will have something to say in this game as well.  No doubt Franklin is the better team, but I feel like it could be closer than some are expecting 

29 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

The only other question I have is, did Franklin match up with anybody this year that could sling it around like AP ?  Just curious how that balances out.  Yes, AP will struggle most likely against the run, but will Franklin struggle covering AP's skill kids ?  I feel like Corbitt will have something to say in this game as well.  No doubt Franklin is the better team, but I feel like it could be closer than some are expecting 

Cameron Yoe is a pass first offense.

1 hour ago, JimAdler said:

Odd perspective on Orangefield being that 7 colleges are recruiting # 40 unless Franklin has two of him that are being recruited as well?  If so, they will do what they want tomorrow night.

I think you are goin to be in for a big surprise tomorrow night... also I like #40 for Orangefield he is pretty good and a hard runner