Liberty (26) @ Bridge City (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

47 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you want to beat the teams in our District?  Yes.  You'd better have a gunslinger.  We don't.  Haven't.  Won't in the foreseeable future.  

So where does that leave us?  With four or five WRs who can't catch and QB who can't throw.  And a defense that's never lines up against a good offense until Friday nights.  Sounds like a good recipe to me.

Yep

4 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

BTW wasn't BC pretty good under Stump in the spread? Playing mostly the same district...

He had a couple of good years initially with a pretty good QB in Dishon.  It fell apart after that and he didn't adapt.  He was also unwilling to work with the youth football league in regards to giving them any type of direction with the system.  By his last year a sophomore qb went down and we were left with a middle lb under center. 

His record was:

4-4

7-4

7-4

8-3

2-8

2-8

1-5 in district his last two years.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think coaches just assume that there's an army of kids who grew up wanting to be qb1 because that's how it is in a lot places.  Here those kids and their dads all want to be the ace on the Cardinals baseball team.  

I hear you on that. Still think theres a lot of kids in BC that love football just as must, just discouraged by lack of success.  Success breads success.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's ugly. 

I've got y'all ito make the fourth round, btw.   I don't think that y'all win it all, though.  Unless Jasper and HF are state championship caliber, too, lol.  

Yeah if Silsbee plays Connally in the 4th, could be a toss up. I think Silsbee can beat 10-0 Bellville if we all make it to the 3rd round.