Coldspring-Oakhurst (8) @ Shepherd (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

59n Sports, yes the AD is a very loyal person to the students and his coaching staff, heck of a guy. I have sat and talked with him a bunch nothing but respect for him and his family. He is very good for Shepherd. The 1 coach is the same, and the players love him. The new one, I hear nothing but great things about. My daughter has him in class and says he is a great person and teacher. And for her to say that speaks volumes. Agree on all accounts. I do understand about the hometown politics, everybody has them. Look at WOS this year!!

3 hours ago, 59n Sports said:

IDk, Trojan Mojo, Trojan Worrior08..

Zero adjustments were made last night until the 4th quarter on defense. Coldspring had no answers to stop HD green. he ran at will and didn't get dirty until the 4th quarter. We were on top of the press box and were calling the plays before the huddle was broke. I agree it starts at the top. We have some stagnate coaches that need to go. We have an o-line coach that was a backup his senior year. I believe he loves the kids and the program, but he doesn't do anything to improve the playability of the kids. There is no technique. We do not have a secondary coach that coaches these kids... we have been burnt all year long down field, but that isn't what beat us this week.  The trojans were merely out coached by the cross county rivals. 

IDK, I agree with you 100%... Coldspring doenst have the same caliper of athletes that they once had, nor do they have the family depth that they had as well.  This year was the first time that you really heard a Goffney, Bradford, Newson name in the program.. add to that the Sykes name as well.. these families have a deep heritage within the community that has seemed to skip a generation.  

This program has done a great job with these kids over the last 4 years as far as tuning these kids into men. The discipline in this program is leaps and bound better that it was just 6-7 years ago. the mind set of these kids and the lack of  personal foul penalties show that... the amount of these kids that have graduated and functioning adults in the world today speak for that as well... 

As we sit here a contemplate why we won or lost, lets look at the greater picture in what the Athletic department is truly about 

Yeah it's unfortunate that we don't have a Ray Fisher, Johnny McHenry or Arthur Reece type of players running around Coldspring anymore but if I still believe that with the right coach in place here the players can do so much more but just not in that offense.  If people on the school board didn't run off a certain coach from there then this would be a different conversation all together but I think if we get rid of our coach anytime soon then we need to start looking at other places outside of the local areas or go to some of those bigger schools with great success and see if we can lure in a coach that has a potent offensive scheme as well as a great defensive set.

31 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Yeah it's unfortunate that we don't have a Ray Fisher, Johnny McHenry or Arthur Reece type of players running around Coldspring anymore but if I still believe that with the right coach in place here the players can do so much more but just not in that offense.  If people on the school board didn't run off a certain coach from there then this would be a different conversation all together but I think if we get rid of our coach anytime soon then we need to start looking at other places outside of the local areas or go to some of those bigger schools with great success and see if we can lure in a coach that has a potent offensive scheme as well as a great defensive set.

Your right time for a change

33 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

The right coach can make a difference for sure.. In reference to the "certain" coach... It was superintent not the school board that was the issue, and at the time the board or the district wasnt in a place to get rid of the superintendent but will say that the program needed some major adjustments as far as disipline. 

Coldspring will rise again, it doesnt happen over night

12 hours ago, 59n Sports said:

IDk, Trojan Mojo, Trojan Worrior08..

Zero adjustments were made last night until the 4th quarter on defense. Coldspring had no answers to stop HD green. he ran at will and didn't get dirty until the 4th quarter. We were on top of the press box and were calling the plays before the huddle was broke. I agree it starts at the top. We have some stagnate coaches that need to go. We have an o-line coach that was a backup his senior year. I believe he loves the kids and the program, but he doesn't do anything to improve the playability of the kids. There is no technique. We do not have a secondary coach that coaches these kids... we have been burnt all year long down field, but that isn't what beat us this week.  The trojans were merely out coached by the cross county rivals. 

IDK, I agree with you 100%... Coldspring doenst have the same caliper of athletes that they once had, nor do they have the family depth that they had as well.  This year was the first time that you really heard a Goffney, Bradford, Newson name in the program.. add to that the Sykes name as well.. these families have a deep heritage within the community that has seemed to skip a generation.  

This program has done a great job with these kids over the last 4 years as far as tuning these kids into men. The discipline in this program is leaps and bound better that it was just 6-7 years ago. the mind set of these kids and the lack of  personal foul penalties show that... the amount of these kids that have graduated and functioning adults in the world today speak for that as well... 

As we sit here a contemplate why we won or lost, lets look at the greater picture in what the Athletic department is truly about 

Ok first let me start with this…..59n Sports, you’re ...

You don’t always win but you always learn from your loses in life!!!!

Have a Great Evening. 

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Couldn't get passed the 1st line. Clearly abusive to another member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Coldspring ready to run out the guy currently at Whitney because he’s “the wrong coach”?  And how’s he doing?

The Coldspring faithful are out of touch with reality. Coldspring, in the grand scheme of 3A high school football is average. The community thinks just because they have a higher average income they’re better than the communities around them. 

I’m also going to point out that whoever Coldspring keeps or brings in will already be at a disadvantage because the kids will never fully buy into the program because parents won’t fully support a coach. And those parents that consistently won’t support whoever the coach is are the cancer from keeping Coldspring from getting over mediocrity. You can sit here and say “but the right guy can…” all you want but until there’s a genuine shift in the community’s mindset Coldspring will always be crying out for the next one. 

3 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Coldspring ready to run out the guy currently at Whitney because he’s “the wrong coach”?  And how’s he doing?

The Coldspring faithful are out of touch with reality. Coldspring, in the grand scheme of 3A high school football is average. The community thinks just because they have a higher average income they’re better than the communities around them. 

I’m also going to point out that whoever Coldspring keeps or brings in will already be at a disadvantage because the kids will never fully buy into the program because parents won’t fully support a coach. And those parents that consistently won’t support whoever the coach is are the cancer from keeping Coldspring from getting over mediocrity. You can sit here and say “but the right guy can…” all you want but until there’s a genuine shift in the community’s mindset Coldspring will always be crying out for the next one. 

You are correct. Parents buying in and supporting the program is key. That was fading when Barbay left, and went extinct. People are quick to throw we need to run the spread, but that’s been tried and was a fail 

The guy that is at Whitney was brought in as a culture change. He left on his own after the super left. 

Coldspring is a hard place to come and coach. There is some talent, but not the same talent that was here in the 90’s or 2009-2014 witch was the last years Coldspring made big playoff runs 

1 hour ago, 59n Sports said:

Coldspring is a hard place to come and coach. There is some talent, but not the same talent that was here in the 90’s or 2009-2014 witch was the last years Coldspring made big playoff runs 

And to add insult to injury some of the talent that was here always go to the other schools surrounding Coldspring at times (Huntsville, Willis, Conroe, Livingston, Shepherd and sometimes Cleveland).