WOS School Board Meeting

XX Man

It’s very discerning to see everyone downing the “education” at WOS. There have been and are still excellent teachers on the staff and kids wanting to go further in life get a great education. The problem is that WOS has a larger majority of kids who may be challenged in one way or another and the lack of discipline in the classroom than other schools in the area. The curriculum is there. The ability and desire to learn may be a challenge to some, but it is maddening for some to act like the kids at WOS aren’t being taught. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. (Especially in today’s society where everyone is offended by something). 

2 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

The education has been poor here for a long long time…for me this is about football and football only.The behind doors hiring process and the coach doing poorly,first year or not it’s been poor.He’s been here for several years and only had to keep it going basically,and start implementing things you want along the way.If you step into the position that he did and change the entire system immediately and then lose there’s gonna be backlash!

Well, I'm glad we can admit the education has been poor for a long time. I wonder why no one is up in arms until the football program is suffering? I would hate to think that a lot of kids have been getting a poor education, but I guess it really doesn't matter when all those games are being won. As a matter of fact, maybe I'm the silly one. Education smeducation... Let's get us a gosh dang 'nother head coach quick, so our uneducated kids can at least watch a winning football program.

Thank you for taking the time of showing us what really matters - my apologies...

2 hours ago, RanchHand said:

It’s very discerning to see everyone downing the “education” at WOS. There have been and are still excellent teachers on the staff and kids wanting to go further in life get a great education. The problem is that WOS has a larger majority of kids who may be challenged in one way or another and the lack of discipline in the classroom than other schools in the area. The curriculum is there. The ability and desire to learn may be a challenge to some, but it is maddening for some to act like the kids at WOS aren’t being taught. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. (Especially in today’s society where everyone is offended by something). 

I think the point is that nobody seems to be raging over the lack of learning at WOS. People are on here are calling for a man's job & livelihood, but could give 2 craps about the hundreds of kids who aren't being educated at school. It's freakin sickening.

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, I'm glad we can admit the education has been poor for a long time. I wonder why no one is up in arms until the football program is suffering? I would hate to think that a lot of kids have been getting a poor education, but I guess it really doesn't matter when all those games are being won. As a matter of fact, maybe I'm the silly one. Education smeducation... Let's get us a gosh dang 'nother head coach quick, so our uneducated kids can at least watch a winning football program.

Thank you for taking the time of showing us what really matters - my apologies...

That’s exactly how it’s been,we talk about it all the time…and what’s happening with the football program will benefit the LCM program,hard truth ..WOS will be 3A before you know it 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I think the point is that nobody seems to be raging over the lack of learning at WOS. People are on here are calling for a man's job & livelihood, but could give 2 craps about the hundreds of kids who aren't being educated at school. It's freakin sickening.

This again is about football,the education matters are for a different time and discussion.

6 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Down years aren't supposed to happen when 16 starters return from a team that went 4 rounds deep in the playoffs though, and especially not with a program that has had this much historical success.

Historical success at 40 something year old school... that just mean yall are due for some down years. Everyone goes through them

10 minutes ago, dj said:

I wish I could.but, they really want let anyone speak.they really are trying to push the obvious to the side.

If that's how it goes again this month, they may have more people to answer to that aren't from our community.

How long can elected officials silence their constituents?

Edited by WOSdrummer99

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

This again is about football,the education matters are for a different time and discussion.

When then? You said yourself it’s been going on for years? Isn’t that more important than the football program? Why is everyone so mad about a losing season but don’t care about the most important issue which is the education for these kids? Do you really hear yourself?

First time for a lacking football season in forever, but haven’t had academic excellence in forever. Which is more important to address at the school board meeting?

Perhaps the public nature of this hiring process is an indication of the districts typical process for hiring actual educators.

Those that complained about the academics realized it was futile long ago. Teachers left in mass exits. Last I heard they had a $10,000 signing bonus for new teachers. Why would that be?

24 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

When then? You said yourself it’s been going on for years? Isn’t that more important than the football program? Why is everyone so mad about a losing season but don’t care about the most important issue which is the education for these kids? Do you really hear yourself?

First time for a lacking football season in forever, but haven’t had academic excellence in forever. Which is more important to address at the school board meeting?

I guess I kinda veered off,the most important issue to address at the school board meeting is academic issues of course,the most important issue to address here is the football team SETXSPORTS…

20 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Education needs to be first, all other extra curricular activities is a privilege and comes secondary. 

20 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I guess I kinda veered off,the most important issue to address at the school board meeting is academic issues of course,the most important issue to address here is the football team SETXSPORTS…

I agree. It’s just that the topic is called “WOS School Board Meeting”

I thought it was a silly topic due to the nature of the author’s intentions. 

His first line: “Whos going to the School Board meeting tonight, to talk about the program decline?”

8 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Down years aren't supposed to happen when 16 starters return from a team that went 4 rounds deep in the playoffs though, and especially not with a program that has had this much historical success.

Says who? Anyone can have a bad year. Look at Aaron Rodgers. 

Besides, they will still make the playoffs and win 2 games at least. This is much ado about nothing.

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

While you're laughing, wouldn't surprise me if he's there...

Me either. And to make it worse lost another player today !! And one other don't even care if he plays again. Keeps getting worse.bcz, the kid that quit I thought he was one of the leaders on the team.wow.