TABC State Rankings 2022-23/FINAL RANKING

8 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Who have the beat that they weren't expected to? I'm asking because I really don't know. 

Honestly i don’t really look at it from that perspective. I was going off the eye test from watching them compared to many of the teams ranked above them that I have seen as well. There are many teams ranked above them that I think they are just as good if not better than. I know it’s splitting hairs on a poll that means nothing but hard for me to say central heights and diboll are that much better than them. Well coached programs all around with history but I would pick orangefield to win any of those games if they matched up with them. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Jan. 2
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Jan. 9
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Jan. 16

Is there a reason Duncanville is unranked when by all appearances they should be #1?  Wins over #1 Lake Highlands, #17 SA Brennan, #10 DeSoto, Top-10 in the nation Columbus out of Miami, and Top-10 in the nation Coronado out of Cali.  They have a 20-1 record, unless maxpreps is missing some games?   

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

Is there a reason Duncanville is unranked when by all appearances they should be #1?  Wins over #1 Lake Highlands, #17 SA Brennan, #10 DeSoto, Top-10 in the nation Columbus out of Miami, and Top-10 in the nation Coronado out of Cali.  They have a 20-1 record, unless maxpreps is missing some games?   

I believe they made the decision not to include any team that was banned from post season.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe they made the decision not to include any team that was banned from post season.

Gotcha.  I was wondering if it was something like that.  Didn't realize they'd been banned.  I'd say that significantly increases BU's chances of winning another championship if they make it that far.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Jan. 23
  • Bobcat1 changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Jan. 30
6 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

doesn't seem right not seeing Yates in top 25 rankings.  what's up with them this season? as it stands, they are not going to playoffs (currently 5th in their district)

A slippage in the Communications Program perhaps 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Feb. 6
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/Updated for Feb. 13
44 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

With PA being ranked 16th, can it be said that the Titans are a shoe-in for the Reg 3 tournament?

Also, PA Memorial needs to win Tuesday and avoid a tie with BH for 1st. Runner up of this district would have to see #3 FB Marshall in the 2nd round. If you win this district, you wouldn't see them till regional final.

#3 FB Marshall, #16 PA Memorial, #17 Barbers Hill and #24 Belton are the only ranked teams in 5A Region III.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:35 AM, bullets13 said:

Gotcha.  I was wondering if it was something like that.  Didn't realize they'd been banned.  I'd say that significantly increases BU's chances of winning another championship if they make it that far.

Lake Highlands will be a tough out.  BU will make it out of area, but a State Title will e tough unless someone knocks them off for us.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:28 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

SMH.  Lake Highlands took 2 losses since last updated rankings on 12/19, but BU went and won a National Tournament but LH is still above us.  Makes sense now that I think about it being that it’s a Dallas School.

Their two losses were to Top 25 National Teams.

10 hours ago, Ace Game said:

Lake Highlands will be a tough out.  BU will make it out of area, but a State Title will e tough unless someone knocks them off for us.

Yup.  Looking at their schedule, they’ve lost to #3 in the nation Duncanville by 1, #1 in the nation Paul VI by 6, and #5 in the nation Centennial by 6.  Overall record of 27-3.  Don’t believe BU would be favored over them.  That said, BU is an excellent team, and many of the excellent teams on Lake Highlands’ schedule have played them close, so there’s no reason to think that BU can’t make a good run at them 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2022-23/FINAL RANKING
  • AggiesAreWe unpinned this topic