Bridge City (0) @ West Orange-Stark (47) - FINAL

jdawg03

On 10/14/2022 at 11:42 PM, SmashMouth said:

That doesn’t always matter. Sometimes you just wanna taste a little blood. 

This.  I made a point like this in one of the many other threads.  Year in and year out WOS benefits from the experience they get from playing an extremely difficult schedule before district.  This year the schedule was no different, but I think they would’ve benefited from a couple of easy games to start out considering they’re working on new schemes with a new coach this year.  I know Nederland isn’t having a good year, but traditionally they play wos tough, and the coaches certainly couldn’t go into that game with the mindset of working on things the way they can against your liberty and bridge cities of the world.  This is also the strongest district they’ve been in possibly ever?  I can’t remember a district that WOS has been in with 3 teams that were good enough to keep it close with them, much less actually beat them.  It’s funny, for all the doom and gloom, they easily could’ve beaten Newton (who’s handed them plenty of losses over the years), and probably should’ve beaten HF.  I strongly believe Silsbee beats them this year no matter who is on the sidelines.  There’s no doubt been some growing pains on the sidelines, but WOS is only a couple of plays from being 6-2, and there’s a good chance that’s where they’d be if they didn’t get a new coach this season. 

13 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This.  I made a point like this in one of the many other threads.  Year in and year out WOS benefits from the experience they get from playing an extremely difficult schedule before district.  This year the schedule was no different, but I think they would’ve benefited from a couple of easy games to start out considering they’re working on new schemes with a new coach this year.  I know Nederland isn’t having a good year, but traditionally they play wos tough, and the coaches certainly couldn’t go into that game with the mindset of working on things the way they can against your liberty and bridge cities of the world.  This is also the strongest district they’ve been in possibly ever?  I can’t remember a district that WOS has been in with 3 teams that were good enough to keep it close with them, much less actually beat them.  It’s funny, for all the doom and gloom, they easily could’ve beaten Newton (who’s handed them plenty of losses over the years), and probably should’ve beaten HF.  I strongly believe Silsbee beats them this year no matter who is on the sidelines.  There’s no doubt been some growing pains on the sidelines, but WOS is only a couple of plays from being 6-2, and there’s a good chance that’s where they’d be if they didn’t get a new coach this season. 

Good post. The truth.