Dayton at Port neches - groves oct 14.

lcm93

49 minutes ago, BellBiz30 said:

It's been since the beginning of covid since I have saw Dayton play live till this season . They look like they're figuring it out . This game will be their first true to test . 

PNG is the best team we've faced all year on both sides of the ball. They might shut our offense down and we may go up in flames - very possible.But I hope we have a good enough team and enough talent to trade punches to make this a very competitive and fun game.We shall see when purple friday gets here ! GO BRONCOS !!!

4 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

That’s discouraging 

To better say it, I’m pissed. No excuse. Why not have an elite qb coach for a school capable of producing elite qb talent? I’m glad the defense is good, but for a head coach that comes from a school that produced Quinn Ewers, why not have a healthy appreciation for the fact that these qbs need to be constantly tutored and corrected? Qb play from png this year has been good, but not as good as nearly all of the Faircloth years. No reason to have a drop off. But if we aren’t using elite qb teachers, we won’t have elite qbs. 

19 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

PNG is the best team we've faced all year on both sides of the ball. They might shut our offense down and we may go up in flames - very possible.But I hope we have a good enough team and enough talent to trade punches to make this a very competitive and fun game.We shall see when purple friday gets here ! GO BRONCOS !!!

From the film, it looks like Dayton should come in confident. I’m hoping for a png win, of course, but Dayton has several tall receivers, an at-least-better-than-normal qb, and seems to be a “complete” team. No reason they can’t win on Friday. I think it comes down to png’s defense and Dayton’s offense. I don’t know if Dayton has faced a good offense. Png offense isn’t like a Faircloth offense, but we move the ball and have found ways to score. But png’s D is showing it can play. Even against fort bend Marshall, we made plays we haven’t made in previous years. So I think if png shows up and plays good defense, they likely find enough ways to score and win in a one-score game. I don’t know if Dayton has a good D. I know they shut out Nederland, but it’s hard to say what that means this year. If Dayton has a weak D, I’m more confident in PNg. But pNg has been (1) mistake-prone on special teams and (2) reliably going to throw at least one interception a game. Dayton can capitalize on a few stolen possessions and take this one from png. As for Dayton’s O, this may be the game they show they are way better than we’ve even thought. If they can match png’s D, png won’t have the offense to keep up. This one is a true toss-up to me. 

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

To better say it, I’m pissed. No excuse. Why not have an elite qb coach for a school capable of producing elite qb talent? I’m glad the defense is good, but for a head coach that comes from a school that produced Quinn Ewers, why not have a healthy appreciation for the fact that these qbs need to be constantly tutored and corrected? Qb play from png this year has been good, but not as good as nearly all of the Faircloth years. No reason to have a drop off. But if we aren’t using elite qb teachers, we won’t have elite qbs. 

Joseph is a Defensive guy. Pretty sure the first OC he went after took a different job. Seems like he came in March last year and likely he didn't have the time to fill all positions the way he wanted.  Im sure he shuffled guys around to fill openings and the same guys may not be in the same roles next year.  If nothing else Faircloth did well with developing Qbs. With the offense Joseph runs its not likely you will the same Qb production or likely the polish. JMO

1 hour ago, 89er said:

PNG BIG! No way Dayton can hang with The Joseph Indians! I can possibly see a shutout! PNG D and Run Game is the key! The days of big passing numbers are gone! Great D and clock management = W's!  

Absolute zero chance you are shutting out that Dayton O.

On 10/10/2022 at 1:59 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

Remember, though, these coaches, including the QB coach, supposedly has Todd Dodge advising them.  

1 minute ago, lcm93 said:

I guess the real test for the titans will be the last two weeks !! Home vs barbers hill and at Humble Kingwood park !!!

I’m not hating on PAM at all. I’m just trying to prove png posters keep saying Dayton hasn’t played anyone at all but Porter is literally less than 7 ppg away from being first in their district. So they definitely aren’t a horrible team. Dayton is 0-1 against really good teams and png is 0-2 against really good teams. So I’m not seeing where png fans a figuring this game is going to be a cake walk like they think.