*Newton 55 Buna 10 Final/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

barbay took his foot off the gas at the begining of the 2nd quarter could have been much worse newton far superior in every phase of the game. this is the only game i will geat to see this weekend and it was a blow out

Ditto that, 1st time I've seen Newton this year, they are awesome, it could have been alot worse except for the class shown by Coach Barbay.  Good luck Newton the rest of the way.

Newton_Eagles,

You did not hurt anyones feelings. Great job Newton no excuses. I wish Buna would have played a better game. They had a case of the fumbles early and Newton took advantage of every mistake. Best of luck Newton!! Everyone in buna is proud of this years team and what a great job these kids did. Newton you have every right to gloat and your kids and coaching staff, as always, are a prefect example of what class is. I saw no smack talking even when Newton was handing it to Buna. Again best of luck the rest of the way.

Agreed...no feeliing hurt here! Newton did a great job.

We couldn't be more proud of our guys.

You had a great season. We love you boys!!!

Best of luck to you Newton!

Ditto that, 1st time I've seen Newton this year, they are awesome, it could have been alot worse except for the class shown by Coach Barbay.  Good luck Newton the rest of the way.

I got to see Newton for the first time last night and you talk about a disciplined group of guys. Every single player stayed behind the white line on the sidelines. Not once did anyone ever tell them to back up. The coaches stayed off of the field the whole time. Every single time they scored or ran the ball they jumped up and looked for the nearest referee and did nothing but hand the man the ball and run to the huddle for the next play.

That being said I still love being on the sidelines with Coach Hooks. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. He is great to listen to.

Buna continued to play hard they were just over matched.

#1 The Buna kids didn’t quit even when the game got out of hand, they showed super character the entire game! An interesting side note is that the Referee flags were few and far between. I think the only flag in the first half was on an out of bounds kick by Newton. And only a few yellow hankies were airborne in the second half as well. Great character showing on behalf of both teams.

#2 Buna fans are overwhelmingly top shelf! Before, During and After the game. Great folks that are proud of their kids! Which makes me prouder of both the kids and fans (unlike others Newton has faced this year).

Don’t think it was a good decision for Buna to want to play on the faster turf surface, yes both teams should have been equally fast but the side to side quickness factor played against the bigger and stronger kids of Buna and for the quicker kids of Newton.

Buna had a bunch of big strong players especially the Moss kid. When Newton had in the second team in the 4th quarter the Moss kid would blow up the line and one time it looked like he knocked the Newton second team QB back about 5 yards in the air!

Buna had bad draws the last two seasons getting Newton in the first round.

Suggestions to Buna… play a tougher pre-district schedule to really get a good test of where you stand.

Congrats to the kids and fans of Buna!

Guest kvillecheer

even though i have friends from both towns, newton looked really good last night and the cougars nothing like what i heard they would be like.

you are totally right. i was expecting a good game. its ok though Buna had a great season and i'm lookin for Newton to go pretty far. Congrats Newton. Good Luck w/ the future!!

Guest Grinder

Newton_Eagles,

You did not hurt anyones feelings. Great job Newton no excuses. I wish Buna would have played a better game. They had a case of the fumbles early and Newton took advantage of every mistake. Best of luck Newton!! Everyone in buna is proud of this years team and what a great job these kids did. Newton you have every right to gloat and your kids and coaching staff, as always, are a prefect example of what class is. I saw no smack talking even when Newton was handing it to Buna. Again best of luck the rest of the way.

Well said, and very accurate. As far as SETXsportsBroadcaster,it would make my day to have a little one on one with you,afterwards I`m sure you would change your completely classless style of broadcasting. I think I can kick a field goal with your ass.

Well said, and very accurate. As far as SETXsportsBroadcaster,it would make my day to have a little one on one with you,afterwards I`m sure you would change your completely classless style of broadcasting. I think I can kick a field goal with your butt.

What is this about? I like the broadcasters....I wanna be just like them when I grow up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami