Tarkington (40) @ Beaumont Kelly (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 16, 2022 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Beaumont Kelly - TAPPS/PRIVATE-TAPPS/PRIVATE-TAPPS/PRIVATE
Record: Unknown

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Tarkington- 3A-10-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1
District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

On 9/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, Separation Scientist said:

3-1 yes it does! 

Keep it rolling Tark! 

The best part about this game in my opinion is how scrappy these boys were. Obviously we are not very far removed from an awful season just a year ago where pretty much NOTHING went right for these kids or the coaches. This team which is starting 8 sophmores on offense and 7 sophmores on defense (some of the same of course...haha) and only about 5 seniors on the entire team went down 14-0 within the first 4 mins of the game could have easily rolled over and let this one slip away. Instead they came back and fought their butts off to take the win. I know we aren't the most athletic team in a stacked district and likely to go through some more growing pains for these younger guys but I think the future is bright for these Horns. I can't compliment Coach Taylor enough about his impact on these kids. Not only has he been great for football but he's made some great hires throughout the school on the girls and boys sides. Lots of positive things coming from my hometown!!!! 

One thing that nobody really has talked about is our running back, Junior #5 Karson Jones. Man this kid can fly! Nothing official but I'm hearing his final number by the end of the night was about 270 yards rushing! 

13 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

The best part about this game in my opinion is how scrappy these boys were. Obviously we are not very far removed from an awful season just a year ago where pretty much NOTHING went right for these kids or the coaches. This team which is starting 8 sophmores on offense and 7 sophmores on defense (some of the same of course...haha) and only about 5 seniors on the entire team went down 14-0 within the first 4 mins of the game could have easily rolled over and let this one slip away. Instead they came back and fought their butts off to take the win. I know we aren't the most athletic team in a stacked district and likely to go through some more growing pains for these younger guys but I think the future is bright for these Horns. I can't compliment Coach Taylor enough about his impact on these kids. Not only has he been great for football but he's made some great hires throughout the school on the girls and boys sides. Lots of positive things coming from my hometown!!!! 

One thing that nobody really has talked about is our running back, Junior #5 Karson Jones. Man this kid can fly! Nothing official but I'm hearing his final number by the end of the night was about 270 yards rushing! 

the real games start soon.  glad tarkington has things going in the right direction.

10 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

the real games start soon.  glad tarkington has things going in the right direction.

Absolutely but loving it for these kids considering where we were this time last year. At this point last season I wasn't sure that Tarkington would still have a football program by the end of the year(obvious exaggeration but it was as dismal as it could get). 

39 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

They'll get a win in district.  Maybe over Kirbyville as well.. never know.

i thought they were in there with kirbyville and hardin ?  shouldn't they beat both of them ?

4 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

I know we aren't the most athletic team in a stacked district and likely to go through some more growing pains for these younger guys but I think the future is bright for these Horns.

Good for Tark! I knew improvement can happen a step at a time. Next 1-2 years should be fun to watch. Another good thing is, that this is not a "stacked district" at all. Actually its one of the weakest in the state. It does not take much to win this district. This means Tark can get on even footing quicker. Be glad you are in 10, because 9 and 12 are much tougher, and 11 might be the toughest  district in the whole state (two defending State Champions live there).     

Good luck Tark! 

16 hours ago, JimAdler said:

i thought they were in there with kirbyville and hardin ?  shouldn't they beat both of them ?

I believe so.  That's what I meant by saying that.  "They'll get a win in district (Hardin). They'll possibly get a win over Kirbyville as well"

I guess I should've been specific. 

I'm betting that Hardin doesn't win another game..