Hardin jefferson at diboll sept 16

lcm93

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Diboll should win comfortably.  HJ showed some improvement last week, but not enough, ane EC is way down this year.  Smitty's 21 point prediction is what I would say as well.

I keep hearing about how EC is way down this year, but yet most pick them to finish 3rd in the district.

What makes them down, if they are projected to finish 3rd?  

6 hours ago, JimAdler said:

I keep hearing about how EC is way down this year, but yet most pick them to finish 3rd in the district.

What makes them down, if they are projected to finish 3rd?  

They’ve only lost 3 district games in the last 5 seasons, so them being picked third is a direct indication of them being down.  Also, their results this year haven’t been good.  Hamshire Fannett graduated a qb last year who is currently on a D1 roster.  EC lost by 12 to them last year, but this year lost 41-0.  They also squeaked by HJ who’s 0-3, and went 1-8 last year.  People saying they’re down are doing so because they’ve routinely been one of the better teams in the area for over a decade, and they’re struggling this year.  To lose by 6 touchdowns to a team they always compete with and often beat is a huge red flag. 

10 hours ago, bullets13 said:

They’ve only lost 3 district games in the last 5 seasons, so them being picked third is a direct indication of them being down.  Also, their results this year haven’t been good.  Hamshire Fannett graduated a qb last year who is currently on a D1 roster.  EC lost by 12 to them last year, but this year lost 41-0.  They also squeaked by HJ who’s 0-3, and went 1-8 last year.  People saying they’re down are doing so because they’ve routinely been one of the better teams in the area for over a decade, and they’re struggling this year.  To lose by 6 touchdowns to a team they always compete with and often beat is a huge red flag. 

I agree.

I have been broadcasting EC for the last few years (full time last year). I can say without a doubt that this years EC team is not as good as recent EC teams. So to say they are down would be accurate.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree.

I have been broadcasting EC for the last few years (full time last year). I can say without a doubt that this years EC team is not as good as recent EC teams. So to say they are down would be accurate.

Interesting.  What a long run it has been for those Bucs.  Surely they'll get it turned around quickly.  

12 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I didn't know that with what they had coming back, I had figured it would be still contending for the top spot in the district for those Bucs.  The qb is a senior, no?  He's been fun to watch over the years.

3 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

I didn't know that with what they had coming back, I had figured it would be still contending for the top spot in the district for those Bucs.  The qb is a senior, no?  He's been fun to watch over the years.

yes, and he's good.  I think they lost a lot on their line(s), but not positive.  I don't follow them closely, but know they're struggling this year.