Huffman (14) @ Silsbee (48) FINAL

jdawg03

On 9/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, Silsbee92 said:

I know...I know...

This is one thing that Mike and Tim did exceptionally well, kept in game stats.  I try to bring a really great play by play calling to those who listen.  Unfortunately my stat game isn't up to par while doing that.  Our team is coming together but it may take a game or two to get it back down after changing staff this year.  Only our 2nd year so be patient, please.   

Of course, if you wanna work for free and keep stats for us.  Let me know. 

Just out of curiosity, what are the 3-5 stats that would be most important to readers here?

I am thinking:

• Offensive yards total.
  • Turnovers.
  • First downs.
  • TFL - Sacks.
  • Yards per carry.

I know a lot of people would be interested in personal stats but that is a little harder to gather quickly.

(This probably should be its own thread)

Huffman is in trouble. They don't look particularly prepared and Silsbee exposed them last Friday. Buchta has to get it corrected or the whispers are going to begin around town and the program. Everyone's happy with the hometown kid until the hometown kid starts 0-3, 0-4 or 0-5. I think they can right the ship, but it needs to start this week. 

5 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Just out of curiosity, what are the 3-5 stats that would be most important to readers here?

I am thinking:

• Offensive yards total.
  • Turnovers.
  • First downs.
  • TFL - Sacks.
  • Yards per carry.

I know a lot of people would be interested in personal stats but that is a little harder to gather quickly.

(This probably should be its own thread)

For me what usually grabs the headlines are the following:

Off Total Yds

Passing/Receiving/Rushing

(w/ ind performances)

Def stats (yds allowed, sacks, turnovers)

(w/ ind performances)

Any big plays.  

This usually calms the haters until specific stats can be arranged. Lol.

Jmo

On 9/6/2022 at 10:00 AM, 2wedge said:

Huffman is in trouble. They don't look particularly prepared and Silsbee exposed them last Friday. Buchta has to get it corrected or the whispers are going to begin around town and the program. Everyone's happy with the hometown kid until the hometown kid starts 0-3, 0-4 or 0-5. I think they can right the ship, but it needs to start this week. 

Silsbee didn't "expose" Huffman.  Nothing surprising happened Friday.  Silsbee is a good team and is better than Huffman.  That was the story before the game and certainly after.

Everybody that has been watching Huffman knows this team is not as good as the teams in the last few years.  There is still some talent in a few spots but there aren't any "shockers" with 1-1.

I would be happy with 2-1 after this week and not shocked if its 1-2.  I'd pump the brakes on the new head coach getting run out of town based on the play so far. 

2 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Silsbee didn't "expose" Huffman.  Nothing surprising happened Friday.  Silsbee is a good team and is better than Huffman.  That was the story before the game and certainly after.

Everybody that has been watching Huffman knows this team is not as good as the teams in the last few years.  There is still some talent in a few spots but there aren't any "shockers" with 1-1.

I would be happy with 2-1 after this week and not shocked if its 1-2.  I'd pump the brakes on the new head coach getting run out of town based on the play so far. 

No one said he was going to be run out of town, but stating the obvious, the hire will be questioned more than it already has been if these types of beatdowns continue. It doesn't get any easier once district begins.