Houston lamar at beaumont west brook

lcm93

Houston Lamar vs. West Brook  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Winner

• Lamar
    • West Brook

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2022 at 09:16 PM

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

Lamar is a H-town heavyweight with several D-1 products that will give WB a great test to prepare them for district & the favorite to win this game. New Super Soph future A&M starter Kelly transfer QB for WB & the West Brook offense will need to light up the scoreboard, with the WB D needing to make a few stops to steal the win.

There's no guarantee Jenkins ends up at A&M.

Anyway, he and his receivers should do well. Concerned about the defense though.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:28 AM, wbfan said:

There's no guarantee Jenkins ends up at A&M.

Anyway, he and his receivers should do well. Concerned about the defense though.

Give me the Brook by 3 at the house. Yes Jenkins could end up anywhere. UT, UGA, Lsu etc. A&M was smart with giving him an early offer but I think the offers will continue to pile up for this young man. #BGOE 

HOUSTON LAMAR 

2021 Results- 8-3, District Champs, Bi-District Finalist / 6-0 District Record

Lettermen R/L

19/41

Returning Starters

Offense- 6  Defense- 6

2022 INFO- The Texans regained their spot as the top team in Houston ISD last year and with a strong nucleus returning, and Lamar should be labeled again as the favorite in 18-6A. QB- Kenneth Rosenthal (1,275 yards, 11 TDs passing; 404 yards, 7 TDs rushing) is a dual-threat signal caller and a great decision maker. RBs Jordan Reaves (170 yards, 3 TDs rushing) and Kelton Weathers (292 yards, 2 TDs rushing; 18-194, 1 TD receiving) should pace the ground attack, while WR- Tristen Brown (333 yards, 4 TDs receiving) is the key returning target in the passing game. LB- Carson Skotak (64 tackles, 9 TFL, 4 sacks) is an athletic playmaker who covers a lot of ground, while Coach Lindsey calls DT- Jarvis Butler (32 tackles, 12 TFL) a dominant interior lineman.

Impact Players

QB- Kenneth Rosenthal- 6-2, 185,  4.7

RB- Jordan Reaves- 6-0, 185,  4.7

LB- Carson Skotak- 6-0, 205,  4.7

WR- Tristen Brown- 5-9, 165,  4.5

RB- Kelton Weathers- 5-9, 175,  4.4

DB- Corwin Gaines- 5-9, 175,  4.6

ATH- Brandon Thomas- 5-8, 165,  4.6 

DT- Jarvis Butler- 6-0, 270

DT- John McDonald- 6-0, 265

On 8/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, panamamyers said:

Interesting that a qb from Canada moved in to Lamar this year. His Hudl highlights are all Canadian football. Not ideal size, but he looks like he can sling the ball around. Wonder what brought his family all the way down to Houston.

if you are referring to the Rosenthal kid,  he is 6'2"" & 185 lbs.  

I am curious to what is "ideal size" for a highschool qb in your opinion?

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if you are referring to the Rosenthal kid,  he is 6'2"" & 185 lbs.  

I am curious to what is "ideal size" for a highschool qb in your opinion?

He was there last year. He's referring to the Canadian kid, whoever he is. 

9 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

Canadian kid won’t be playing much if there is a starter from last year that looks to have played well. Unless they moved him to WR 

The starting QB for Lamar is the same Rosenthal kid from last year. It WB has anything on the defensive line they’ll probably be able to get to Rosenthal on a pretty regular basis. He was only 4-11 for 104 passing in last year’s game but he rushed for 140 yards on 15 carries. It just looks like WB struggled in general in the trenches against Lamar last year though. Lamar had 47 rushing attempts for 324 yards and 6 TDs. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The starting QB for Lamar is the same Rosenthal kid from last year. It WB has anything on the defensive line they’ll probably be able to get to Rosenthal on a pretty regular basis. He was only 4-11 for 104 passing in last year’s game but he rushed for 140 yards on 15 carries. It just looks like WB struggled in general in the trenches against Lamar last year though. Lamar had 47 rushing attempts for 324 yards and 6 TDs. 

That’s just flat out out-muscled. We got bodied basically lol #weightroom

Chuck indicated that there will be more in-season lifting. Which I like. I hope the results from this come to fruition this year 

9 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

That’s just flat out out-muscled. We got bodied basically lol #weightroom

Chuck indicated that there will be more in-season lifting. Which I like. I hope the results from this come to fruition this year 

I remember Stump would require lifting sessions 2-3 times a week during the season. It definitely helped the team a lot, is Langston gonna do 2-3 or is the issue to where it needs to be 4?

1 hour ago, wbfan said:

I remember Stump would require lifting sessions 2-3 times a week during the season. It definitely helped the team a lot, is Langston gonna do 2-3 or is the issue to where it needs to be 4?

He just said lifting more on the KMBT two-a-days interview when he first got hired last year. I would say at least 3-4 days. Especially if all practices aren’t padded 

Just now, lil tokyo said:

This west Brook group has some talent on both sides of the ball. Though they are young, they do have some athletes that can compete. 

i do believe this will be some what of a high scoring game that will come down to the penalties and special teams (extra points and field goals) 

WB by 3