Question

baddog

16 minutes ago, baddog said:

Should the Republicans win the house and senate (I’d like 66/34) in November, would it be possible to overturn Biden’s executive orders shutting down pipeline construction and drilling permits? Border would be next, but oil industry first. Anybody?

Yes and no. The legislature can pass a law, just like any other law, and it could override a presidential executive order. The president still retains the right to veto that law.

The legislature can then override the veto but it takes a 2/3 majority of both houses. It will take at least 67 votes in the Senate and 292 votes in the House.

Since only one third of senators are up for election each two years, I believe only 14 Democrats seats  are up for reelection. That means if the Republicans won all 14 races, including California, they were still not have enough to override a veto Unless they were joined by at least a few Democrats.

I think the odds of that ever happening would be like winning the lottery.

Twice

On the same night… 

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

We’ll revisit this statement in November.  The R’s will have the House and the Senate!

Possibly, but without 2/3's in the Senate it won't matter.. that's alot of seats to flip, good luck.. Roe v Wade just put D's back in the race... reconsidering contraception and gay marriage won't help either.. the left will push this as taking rights.. rights and costs are 2 different subjects 

38 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Possibly, but without 2/3's in the Senate it won't matter.. that's alot of seats to flip, good luck.. Roe v Wade just put D's back in the race... reconsidering contraception and gay marriage won't help either.. the left will push this as taking rights.. rights and costs are 2 different subjects 

This is an accurate but very, very sad evaluation of the "D's". How can a person switch their vote based on a Supreme Court decision that puts power back into the hands of the people and is grounded in Constitutional law. Low information voter is the only logical conclusion. Agree?

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

This is an accurate but very, very sad evaluation of the "D's". How can a person switch their vote based on a Supreme Court decision that puts power back into the hands of the people and is grounded in Constitutional law. Low information voter is the only logical conclusion. Agree?

The only folks that don’t see this are other low information voters.

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Take 1 "right" they'll take more, contraception being talked about, gay marriage being talked about... what's next? "Pro choice" means nothing in this country unless they agree with it 

3 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Take 1 "right" they'll take more, contraception being talked about, gay marriage being talked about... what's next? "Pro choice" means nothing in this country unless they agree with it 

I take your blatant omission of answering the pertinent question as a "guilty as charged" verdict. Don't worry, it was predictable.

What "right" did anyone take?

Is contraception a right? Should we have a debate or just turn a blind eye so the low information voter will not be offended?

Is gay marriage a right? See above.

Can you answer the question on whether or not you described the "D's" as low information voters? Is it too hard for you to admit because you feel a "brotherhood" with your own kind?

14 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I take your blatant omission of answering the pertinent question as a "guilty as charged" verdict. Don't worry, it was predictable.

What "right" did anyone take?

Is contraception a right? Should we have a debate or just turn a blind eye so the low information voter will not be offended?

Is gay marriage a right? See above.

Can you answer the question on whether or not you described the "D's" as low information voters? Is it too hard for you to admit because you feel a "brotherhood" with your own kind?

Not understanding the logic behind a 12 year old or however old being raped and becoming pregnant and we leave it up to the states (the people) to determine if she has to carry that baby, babies dad will obviously be trash and a no show... no common ground here obviously, we'll agree to disagree 

I don't consider D's low info voters, just like I don't consider R's low info voters... I know many successful D's and R's with different take on things... guess we don't live in America with our own freedom etc...

6 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Not understanding the logic behind a 12 year old or however old being raped and becoming pregnant and we leave it up to the states (the people) to determine if she has to carry that baby, babies dad will obviously be trash and a no show... no common ground here obviously, we'll agree to disagree 

So, in your mind, the last few posts in which you adamantly called out "D's" as being low information voters, has led you to this post. It looks like you just outed yourself. You are a Liberal...incapable of having an adult conversation. Shall I ask again? What "right" did anyone take"?

No common ground means you cannot back up your statements...and I can. Yes, that is obviously no common ground.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

So, in your mind, the last few posts in which you adamantly called out "D's" as being low information voters, has led you to this post. It looks like you just outed yourself. You are a Liberal...incapable of having an adult conversation. Shall I ask again? What "right" did anyone take"?

No common ground means you cannot back up your statements...and I can. Yes, that is obviously no common ground.

Someone rapes your wife (assuming you have one and not gay) and she becomes pregnant you carry the baby? If you read back I've said abort ASAP like within days of knowing not late term... no heart beat

Someone rapes your wife (assuming you have one and not gay) and she becomes pregnant you carry the baby? If you read back I've said abort ASAP like within days of knowing not late term... no heart beat

States are gonna make concessions for rape, incest and health of the mother, do you think that will make the left happy?

1 minute ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Again, you started this by saying the "D's" will vote against State's rights and constitutional law. I agreed with your assessment as "D's" being low information voters. You now try to justify your assessment by saying that millions of babies being murdered is okay as long as the low information voters get their way on an issue that hasn't even been debated. And adult conversation is obviously not anywhere near your purview.

So one more time...will you finally admit that anyone that protests against a Supreme Court decision that is grounded in States rights and constitutional law is a representative of a low information voter? (It's funny. You have the audacity to think you can wiggle your way out of it by deflection...which is hilariously juvenile. Bless your little heart.)

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Again, you started this by saying the "D's" will vote against State's rights and constitutional law. I agreed with your assessment as "D's" being low information voters. You now try to justify your assessment by saying that millions of babies being murdered is okay as long as the low information voters get their way on an issue that hasn't even been debated. And adult conversation is obviously not anywhere near your purview.

So one more time...will you finally admit that anyone that protests against a Supreme Court decision that is grounded in States rights and constitutional law is a representative of a low information voter? (It's funny. You have the audacity to think you can wiggle your way out of it by deflection...which is hilariously juvenile. Bless your little heart.)

Man you're a clown, ppl who are protesting have the right to protest... peacefully 

Rape, incest, woman's health shouldn't be a states decision... even a dumb ### like yourself can draw that conclusion 

Your lumping abortion to someone 1-8 months pregnant and deciding to just abort for the hell of it... those cases are rare and shouldn't be allowed, it's only idiots who believe that cause that's the boogeyman the right has laid in front of them... 

I love keyboard warriors, got to feel tough someway huh? 

9 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Just answer the question, will these concessions make the left happy?

It should, not sure if it will! Taking away plan b pills etc and telling someone who they can and can't marry won't help either... strange this happened right at mid terms almost like SCOTUS needed to stir the pot.... I sound like the conspirators on here

Just now, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Man you're a clown, ppl who are protesting have the right to protest... peacefully 

Rape, incest, woman's health shouldn't be a states decision... even a dumb ### like yourself can draw that conclusion 

Your lumping abortion to someone 1-8 months pregnant and deciding to just abort for the hell of it... those cases are rare and shouldn't be allowed, it's only idiots who believe that cause that's the boogeyman the right has laid in front of them... 

I love keyboard warriors, got to feel tough someway huh? 

So again, you refuse to answer the pertinent question by deflection and personal attacks..but somehow I am the clown. Yep...proof positive you are through and through a Liberal sheeple.

Answer the simple question and we can move on to your deflective additives. But you won't...because you can't. You are funny.

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

So again, you refuse to answer the pertinent question by deflection and personal attacks..but somehow I am the clown. Yep...proof positive you are through and through a Liberal sheeple.

Answer the simple question and we can move on to your deflective additives. But you won't...because you can't. You are funny.

Dumb ### I've posted I don't think D's nor R's are low info voters, go back and read... slow down and read carefully its fundamental SMFH

7 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

It should, not sure if it will! Taking away plan b pills etc and telling someone who they can and can't marry won't help either... strange this happened right at mid terms almost like SCOTUS needed to stir the pot.... I sound like the conspirators on here

It will not, they will only be happy if they can have abortion on demand, no matter the trimester.

Just now, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Dumb ### I've posted I don't think D's nor R's are low info voters.. slow down and read carefully its fundamental SMFH

You sound bitter....just like InMagaWeTrust. 

Why do you think "D's" would change their vote due to a Supreme Court decision based on States rights and constitutional law? That was your assessment of your own brethren. I agreed with that assessment but simply asked why you feel this way. Why do you refuse to answer? 

So again, if someone changed their vote because of this Supreme Court decision, would you classify that person as a low information voter? 

What's funny is yall keep thinking folks abort late term just for the hell of it... what's the percentage of folks who do that? I'd say low

Who is "y'all"? Your stereotyping is definitely the source of "funny".

What's the percentage of babies required to be murdered because of rape? Is the number so high that adoption is not an option for those that had no say in their conception...and deserve the ultimate penaly?