🏈 Hardin Hires Lumberton O/C Jake Smith 🏈

• 1 month later...

Who will be the kid under center for those Hornets this year ?  Did they have any senior leadership coming back?  I am happy for Coach Smith and can't wait to hear good things about those Hornets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, 2wedge said:

Here's the question: Will he be allowed to bring in his own staff and begin implementing his own program? Think about it, Hardin has not hired an unfamiliar coach since Tod Stark, and that lasted about half a season. Haynes has been hired twice and Barrier has family all over the school, both teachers and students. This has traditionally been Hardin's Achilles heel. Even when they have gotten promising coaches to take the job, the community, parents and school board can't get out of the way long enough to give the guy a chance. I saw this announcement on Twitter last night, and there is a ton of positive energy around Coach Smith from many txhsfb coaches throughout the state. This leads me to believe they may have gotten a real good one with this hire. Those in Hardin need to stand down for a couple of years and let him work. If you will let him bring his own staff and let him lay the foundations of a program from the 7th grade on up, you might just have a chance to improve your program. Only time will tell....

I thought Stark was at Hardin for 1.5 years before he quit the kids?

35 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Maybe to, but it wasn't long. Did he quit? yes. Was he run out of town by out of control adults? also yes. 

Not the story I heard.  His own coaching staff turned against him.

16 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Sometimes you gotta be careful you have correct information based on what "they" say.  

Yes, you sure do.  The only thing that's fact is, He quit and is a quitter in the eyes of the kids who he coached.

3 hours ago, JimAdler said:

Yes, you sure do.  The only thing that's fact is, He quit and is a quitter in the eyes of the kids who he coached.

So inaccurate. Do a little research before you make yourself look like a fool. The change.org petitions are still out there, full of players signing and justifying the signing by saying they wanted him to stay. An out of control school board member pushed him out because they wanted Haynes back in Hardin. 

3 hours ago, JimAdler said:

Yet, there you go.  Taking what "they" say as the gospel truth.  Actually, the only thing that's fact is that you seemingly don't know any of the details to which his contract ended.  Since that's the case, it'd probably be wise to not act as if you do.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Yet, there you go.  Taking what "they" say as the gospel truth.  Actually, the only thing that's fact is that you seemingly don't know any of the details to which his contract ended.  Since that's the case, it'd probably be wise to not act as if you do.

Im' sorry Hardin expert.  You know what you've been told, just like I know what I've been told.  Cry louder for the people in the back.

3 hours ago, 2wedge said:

So inaccurate. Do a little research before you make yourself look like a fool. The change.org petitions are still out there, full of players signing and justifying the signing by saying they wanted him to stay. An out of control school board member pushed him out because they wanted Haynes back in Hardin. 

What does that have to do with him quitting the players mid season?  There's no justification for his actions.  None.  He wasn't fired or reassigned.  He quit.

4 hours ago, JimAdler said:

Im' sorry Hardin expert.  You know what you've been told, just like I know what I've been told.  Cry louder for the people in the back.

I’m not an expert for there or any other school.  I just have close friends in the profession everywhere.  Even still.. I would never claim to know what is fact on a situation I wasn’t involved with.

Cry louder? Yeah.. ok.  You’re seemingly butthurt about it.  Ex player? Parent?

Sounds to me like he dodged an enormous bullet by getting out of there.  No matter the details as to how.